Home

How to pass on a 3-4 Zone Blitz Defense

This is a discussion on How to pass on a 3-4 Zone Blitz Defense within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-18-2011, 05:14 PM   #1
Rookie

FigurativeLanguage's Arena

OVR: 0
How to pass on a 3-4 Zone Blitz Defense

This been bothering me for a little while I play my brother and I been running effectively on the defense, It seems like his linebacker blitz then the other 3 zone through the middle, He usually puts press on and also plays the safety position. What I need to know is how to pass, I'm always getting blitzed and he uses the Packers and Colts and another thing is do you guys reccomened I use a certain team?

Spoiler
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2011, 05:54 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: How to pass on a 3-4 Zone Blitz Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by FigurativeLanguage
This been bothering me for a little while I play my brother and I been running effectively on the defense, It seems like his linebacker blitz then the other 3 zone through the middle, He usually puts press on and also plays the safety position. What I need to know is how to pass, I'm always getting blitzed and he uses the Packers and Colts and another thing is do you guys reccomened I use a certain team?
7 man protections will give you time to pick apart the defense. Use curl/flat combinations or skinny posts. Keep the rb in protection to one side of the center and the te in to the other.
Old 01-18-2011, 06:43 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 8

I-Form. Block the FB. Drop directly behind the FB and setup to throw. If the pressure comes up the middle, the FB puts the brakes on it. You'll have time for a 3 or 5-step drop dropping straight back or more time if you roll out.

Later
Old 01-19-2011, 01:56 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 8

Seams, flats, drags, and fades. As well as HB/WR/TE screens.
Old 01-19-2011, 06:01 PM   #5
Rookie

FSanchez12's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by s38s38s
Seams, flats, drags, and fades. As well as HB/WR/TE screens.
This. If you want to be extremely technical and you've very dedicated to winning, check out some game film from the Steelers Pats game earlier this year. Brady picked apart the Steelers Zone Blitz with ease. My suggestion would be use a variation of short passes and screens. Don't be afraid to rely heavily on TE's in certain situations, Brady certainly wasn't.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »