Home

Talented players actually affecting teams in Franchise mode?

This is a discussion on Talented players actually affecting teams in Franchise mode? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-19-2011, 12:44 PM   #1
Rangers Lead The Way!!!!

ABR173rd's Arena

OVR: 20
Talented players actually affecting teams in Franchise mode?

I just did a test in Offline franchise by trading 4 of my 90+ overall players in key positions to a team with a terrible record (Browns).....The players I traded to them were for draft picks because I was way over my salary cap.

The players I traded were-
Drew Bree's QB 98 ovrl
Jonathan Vilma MLB 93 ovrl
Reggie Bush RB 94 ovrl
Jabari Greer CB 95 OVrl
Marques Colston WR 95 Ovrl

All of these players except for Bush were the best players at their respective positions for the Browns.The first season Drew Bree's had horrible numbers even though he had an above average O-line and and a very good group of Receivers and RB's....The Browns went 4-12.
The second season they started out 0-4 with all the same players,and then Bree's got injured for 13 weeks and their record stands at 8-4??

With the same base players plus the guys I traded the Browns they still sucked until Bree's got injured and Colt Mccoy started?? I don't understand this logic and hopefully it is something that gets fixed in the next version of Madden. I just went over the Browns current roster and Offensively and Defensively they are and above average team yet with Bree's starting their record didn't reflect it for two seasons, now a garbage Qb comes in and it turns their record around?
Is anyone else noticing this imbalance in franchise mode?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2011, 01:21 PM   #2
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16
Set in a different team environment a star player could be a dud for a new team. This isn't something madden needs to fix it's just showing you that people have up and down years

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...
Old 01-19-2011, 02:13 PM   #3
Rangers Lead The Way!!!!

ABR173rd's Arena

Re: Talented players actually affecting teams in Franchise mode?

I could see that being the case just trading Bree's but not with the weapons he has on the Browns team....its unrealistic that not only he under performs but the team in general with that big of a boost especially after 2 seasons together.
That's like saying just because its the Browns no matter who's there the team will always suck. When in reality most of the terrible teams are a good QB away from putting up much better results. I believe Madden should reflect that.
Old 01-19-2011, 03:17 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 36

I've always felt this way. I like taking crappy teams, becoming the GM, and doing a sim-chise where I just do the FO work. I could have half of the NFC Pro Bowl roster, but finish 6-10 year in and year out. Whereas, 80% of my SBs are Patriots/Falcons. Since August, even. It's almost like there is a line of code stating which teams are going to be great and those that aren't. I don't think there is, it's just actually kind of sad how impossible it is to compete unless you literally have starters so good your backups would be Pro-Bowlers.
Old 01-19-2011, 03:51 PM   #5
Rangers Lead The Way!!!!

ABR173rd's Arena

Yeah Ive been messing around in my last franchise dumping as many of my good players as possible onto the same team (with a bad record) to kinda simulate that franchise finally turning around. I think there was a thread already posted on how the overalls for team mean absolutely nothing in terms of a 80 overall team beating you and then you destroy a 90 overall team the following week. It would be okay if it was once in awhile but rest assured the teams in franchise who should give me a run for my money going by team overalls are always a disappointment.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2011, 08:14 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

I'm one of those guys that controls all 32 teams and I've noticed this as well. It doesn't seem to matter how many 90+ players certain teams have, they still suck. And the Patriots and Saints are always good. Although, in my 4th and 5th years of franchise, the Broncos and Raiders came out of nowhere to make it to the Super Bowl, and the Broncos won. So, there is hope that teams can get hot. Interestingly enough, the Broncos went 4-12 the year after they won it all. Super Bowl hangover, maybe? It'll be interesting to see if they rebound in my upcoming season or if their championship was just a fluke in the sim engine.

Onthe same note, it seems that simmed stats dont accurately reflect a teams record. For instance, a team can have a top ten raanked offense in terms of yards gained and a top ten defense, but still have a losing record and vice versa.
Old 01-21-2011, 08:52 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 6

Madden should have an attribute affect slider like NHL. NHL is EASILY the best franchise game NHL has ever made. Very realistic, considering the draft pick ownership is authentic, and you can trade picks up to 6 years in advance (might be 7)!
Old 01-21-2011, 09:10 AM   #8
Rangers Lead The Way!!!!

ABR173rd's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fringeelement
I'm one of those guys that controls all 32 teams and I've noticed this as well. It doesn't seem to matter how many 90+ players certain teams have, they still suck. And the Patriots and Saints are always good. Although, in my 4th and 5th years of franchise, the Broncos and Raiders came out of nowhere to make it to the Super Bowl, and the Broncos won. So, there is hope that teams can get hot. Interestingly enough, the Broncos went 4-12 the year after they won it all. Super Bowl hangover, maybe? It'll be interesting to see if they rebound in my upcoming season or if their championship was just a fluke in the sim engine.

Onthe same note, it seems that simmed stats dont accurately reflect a teams record. For instance, a team can have a top ten raanked offense in terms of yards gained and a top ten defense, but still have a losing record and vice versa.
I noticed that as well with a team being number 1 in stopping the run and points allowed but record doesn't reflect it....Usually a team that leads the league in turnovers is at least .500+ yet Carolina in one of my franchise has lead the league in Int's and Fumbles yet has finished in the bottom three in standings every season.

The Browns team I was talking about has a team overall of 92 probably the best in my chise right now and they have went on an eight game win streak since both Bree's 98 overall and Mccoy 86 ovrl went out for the season with Ryan Mallet 68 ovrl starting??? Before the Brees injury they went 4-12 previous season and started out 0-4.....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »