Home

Closest Game You've Ever Played?

This is a discussion on Closest Game You've Ever Played? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 02-21-2011, 07:25 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Closest Game You've Ever Played?

I've always liked Pennington. If he was released in my Pats franchse, I'd sign him as my backup immediately... as long as he didn't cost too much, of course.
Old 02-21-2011, 09:36 AM   #10
Rookie

murdamann10's Arena

OVR: 6

I love these close game stories. It's even better when the cpu beats me for some odd reason. I don't have madden on 360 yet but ps2 is still insane.

Panthers @ Bears Playoffs in the Snow

1st Quarter was a rough one. My first pass attempt ball got picked off by Harris and he took it to the house for a easy TD. Down 0-7 @ the Bears, I'm not gonna lie, I hit the panick button in the 1st quarter, ignoring my RB's and going comepletly to the pass game. I complete 2 passes to Steve Smith to get into FG range around the 25. Next play I try a quick slant to Smith, horrible pass and it is picked off. Bears Drove on me but luckily they had to settle for a FG, 0-10, End of 1st.

2nd quarter I started off with the ball around the 35. Pounded the run game til I couldn't anymore getting down to the bears 15. Clausen then throws a perfect pass to Brandon LaFell in the corner of the endzone, 7-10. Bears get the ball back and Cutler goes a-wall on me, hitting a perfect 5/5 passing and completing with Hester for a 30 yard TD, 7-17, about 2 mins left. I got a great return out of Goodson on the kickoff, getting the ball at midfield, so I decided to take my time, going back to the run game a little bit. I drive down to their 30 after a couple plays, 1 min left, but its 4th down. I say the hell with it I'm going for it. Shotgun 4 wide, I look for smith but he is covered well, so i run to the right with Clausen, barely making it past the 1st down. Very next play I hook up with Gettis in the slot for a TD making it 14-17. Chicago ran out clock, halftime.

3rd quarter. Chicago drives deep into Panther territory again but luckily Cutler shows his true colors and throws Chris Gamble and easy pick. 3 and out on the next series, punt time. this next play was some bull, if I must say so myself. Hester fields the punt around the 30 and breaks 3 tackles right off the bat, then outrunning my punter to get the TD. Freaking incredible. 14-24. Next drive I struggle to make it to FG range. 3rd and 1 I run straight up the gut with J Stewart, breaking a chris harris tackle and making my way to the endzone, 21-24 Bears. Follow by a couple 3 and outs, end of 3rd.

4th. Both offenses are struggling at this point and quite alot of time is run off the clock, I believe I had about 1:30 when I got the ball back for my final drive. Starting from my own 20 with 2 t.o's, I figure I'll take what I can get at this point. 3 passes, 3 first downs, good start to the drive. I got about 40 secs left from around the 50. I try to surprise them with a draw, didn't work, Fumble but my lineman fell on top of it, Time out, loss of around 5. 30 secs, 1 time out, 3rd and long, I throw it up for smith and I don't know how he caught it, but he did and I'm glad. 1st down at the Bears 22 yard line with 20 seconds left after a Time out. 2 pass incompletions later, I'm forced to take the 3 since there was not enough time for me get a first and spike the ball. Tie game. 5 seconds left, I kick it to Devin Hester. Geuss what happens? yup, you geussed it, mad my special teams look like jello and ran right through them crossing the goal line with no time left.
Old 02-21-2011, 12:03 PM   #11
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

the closet game i have had was one i played yesterday last game of yr browns vs titans yr in franchise i dont know what happen to my defense but the last 3 games of the yr they was getting shredded by the running game of the cmp 3 games in row i had gave up 200+ yards rushing after barely letting teams get 100 on me, so any ways chris johnson shreads my defense again had 2 long 80+ yard tds and vince young hit a long td pass to go up 21-0 right before half time i pick young off and return it for pick 6 so its 21-7, they get ball in 3rd go right down field 28-7 my offense could do nothing all game then in 3rd my running game came together and passing game i hit massaquoi for a 78 yard td 28-14 then i completly shut down the titans all together and they cant get nothing going i play on 7 minute quarters so its in the 4th now i'm driving i hit robiskie on crossing pattern for 38 yards breaks tackle in for score 28-21 so they get a lil drive going again and i'm think oh no here we go again i lost 3 games in last few minutes of game so i thought same thing again VY get pop sacked and ball popped out and the FFTF kicked in so how i was able get the ball back and with 2:20 secs left i ran it down the field scored the tieing td leaving just 1 sec left so i was left with what to do? go for 2 and win in regulation? or go to OT so i kick the extra point to go to OT and low and behold i won the coin toss first play from scrimmage peyton hillis takes hand off and goes 75 yards for the winning td best game of madden i ever played also this is first madden game i ever played where i went to OT as well and won it in that fashion to get the comeback and then to win it on a long td run.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2011, 01:10 PM   #12
KLK
Rookie

OVR: 1

I got a quick one for you guys...

First off, I was playing my buddy a week or two ago and right before the game I told him he would never beat me (He hasn't beaten me at Madden 11 yet). I should have known karma would bite my *** for saying that. Anyways he's Jacksonville and I'm Tennessee.

I'll skip all the pointless stuff in between. All you need to know is he is winning 19 to 14 with 40 or so seconds remaining. I have no time outs left I used them all, and he is on my 30 or so (turn over on downs). I was so pissed. He scored on a kick return and on 4 ****ing fumbles (field goals). He had less than 60 total yards of offense.

Anyway I tell him he better just kneel it and thank God for the win. He decides to be cute and try to score. He completes an out route, but stays in bounds. I pick a nano-blitz for my next play out of the 46. He is in five wide. He hikes the ball with ten or so seconds left. He drops back with the QB and one of the computer LB's rushing hit the QB. With the ROLB I user pick the duck that QB got off and run it in for the game winning TD.

I was beyond pumped got in my friends face about how I told him he should have kneeled and that he would never beat me ha ha.
Old 02-21-2011, 03:30 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 0

Would have to be a 10-10 tie I played in online franchise as the Packers against the Ravens. Niether one of us wanted to score and both TD's scored in the game were defensive, and both FG's were from 50+ yards out. Whenever either one of us even sniffed the redzone, something bad happened rather it be a fumble, pick, killer penalty ect. We both couldn't figure out each others D even in OT. Niether one of us even crossed the 50 in OT. Nevertheless, 255 combined yards later and you have your self a 10-10 tie. And we play with 7 minute QTR's. It was snowing heavily, and there was 15-18 MPH cross wind. And we're both pass first, who's teams are set up to pass, and don't know the meaning of the word run. I don't know how much that played a roll in it, but it's something to consider.
Old 02-21-2011, 08:49 PM   #14
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

i just had 2 more close games in my 2nd yr franchise both in the playoffs one was against chargers who beat us by 1 point in reg season to get #1 seed in playoffs it was alot closer then score but it ended up being 48-30 rivers threw 2 pick 6's they was winning until those 2 and they happen on back to back drives one was a 98 yard pick 6 by macho harris and other was a joe haden pick six. then we met the colts in the afc championship it was a close game with 2 minutes to go browns 23- colts 21 manning just lead a long drive to come within 2 they kick off i drive back down field im @ the colts 5 yard line and i thinking myself its 3 and 8 colts have all three time outs and manning just drove down on us and score so if i knee they will just stop clock i hand off to hillis he breaks 4 tackles and goes into endzone i win 30-21.
Old 02-22-2011, 01:13 PM   #15
MVP

RJTurneR's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
In Empire, I recently played a city defense battle as the Ottomans against Dagestan. I had about 6 low quality units (mostly city militia) and they had about 8 average units, including some Line Infantry, a few provincial cav. one unit of Islamic Swordsmen. I set up a defense in the middle of the town and using my one good unit (Azzars) I deplyed some of those ati-cav hedgehogs before the battle started. To my luck, after a bit of skirmishing with the Azzars, almost all their cav got caught on the defense! It was more of an exploit than anything but it helped. I then had to mob all the other units.
I think he meant closet game you've played in Madden.. which may explain why this thread is under Madden NFL..

Played a game a few days ago in my franchise as the Lions and was beaten by the Packers 7-3. Most defensive game I've ever played.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2011, 01:35 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 4

Without a doubt has to be 2nd season of my franchise with the 49ers.

Got to NFC Championship Game against the Eagles

in reguler season they destroyed me 45-10 with my rookie QB throwing 5 int and Vick just mauled me.

Well in the rematch i traved to Philly once again, but this time the blizzard had arrived.

In crazy conditions both teams slugged it out in one of the most enjoyable games i have played.

Somehow my rookie QB kept the ball safe and the game even included an outrages one handed back of the endzone catch by Crabtree.

With 1 min to go i scored on the ground to send the game into O.T at 21-21.

I lost the toss and thought well here comes the cpu rush to a field goal. Far from it. 12 mins of utter defensive domminance including 3 INT alone in OT mean't the game headed into the final 3 mins still tied. Finally i got a drive going with some simple short stuff and got down to there 20yrd line before running out of downs. with 1min 30 left I had a 36yrd field goal to not only win, but send a Rookie QB to the superbowl. I spanked it on 100% threw the driving snow (14mph winds), but slightly of centre on accuracy. The ball started to die as it approached the posts. SPANK! of the upright. One drive later, a shattered defense missed a tackle and Mccoy ran it home for the winning score.

I may have lost 27-21 and missed out on the big one by my word was i tired after that game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »