Home

More indepth injury system!!!

This is a discussion on More indepth injury system!!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-19-2011, 10:49 PM   #1
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53
More indepth injury system!!!

I understand that the injury system is no where as deep as it was in madden 07 ps2/xbox days. Like where your QB might go out with bruised ribs or something and it would say that the player is out for 9 plays of a half or something like. I feel that a player getting hurt and coming back in the next play so unreal. I really wish Ian and company would go more indepth how long they might be out or it might say they are doubtful to come back in. That's the kind of indepth info I want to see in franchise mode like is was on PS2 madden 07. I happy that they show the players getting helped by the trainers or put on a cart. That's nice and all. But I truly want to see players with injuries like bruised rids and sprained ankles to be out a like longer then just one play. Please add your thoughts on this idea??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2011, 02:38 AM   #2
Rookie

thrust's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: More indepth injury system!!!

I always thought the players should get nagging injuries like turf toe or maybe a lingering sprain that lets them play but effects their ratings depending on the area of injury. These injuries could go away over time by calculating how long they have had it and the number of plays that they have played with it. Kind of like, turf toe will last atleast 3 1/2 weeks. But if the player plays more than 20 plays in any week while the injury is in effect, another week is added on. Also if a player plays more than 45 plays in a week, he could risk that injury going up a tier or having the ratings effected more drastically. That could also create the danger of reaggrivating an injury if a player plays more than 45 plays 1 week after he is 100% healed. If you sit a player for an entire week, it should ofcourse speed the recovery time ala 1 week=1 1/2 weeks.
It could get interesting, if your RB has a sprained wrist but his carry is 95. That would bring him down to maybe 79-80ish. Do you play him? His stiff arm is now garbage, he may fumble a time or two, but his agility and speed could still make him a major factor.
Basically, a player could have an injury that happens to not effect him much. Also, players could have more than 1 injury at a time, with different recovery e.t.a.'s. All players generally go through 2-3 injuries a year. Some keep playing and some don't. This would make back ups, bye weeks, and playoff byes all the more important.
Old 01-20-2011, 07:48 AM   #3
Banned

Cre8's Arena

OVR: 9

I am still hoping to see kickers and punters get hurt.

I like the nagging injuries idea as well.
Old 01-20-2011, 08:52 AM   #4
MVP

Some of this is in the game....I've had guys get hurt, be out for a series or two and then I'm asked if I want to let him back in to play or sub for him the rest of the game. They give the ovr which often is lower than how he started the game, due to injury.
Old 01-20-2011, 05:32 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 6

I also want to see the change in equipment they used to have as a result from injuries. I remeber back in the old Maddens, 05, 06 ?, that if a WR or something returned from an arm injury they would sometimes wear 1 rubber pad/elbow pad on the injured arm for a couple of weeks. Lineman would wear braces or extra tape on injured legs and, I may not remember this correctly, but QB's would sometimes wear a flack jacket if they had injured ribs etc.

Would usually only be wearing it if their injury status was probibly or questionable

The old attention to details was always amazing
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2011, 05:54 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 11
I skipped madden from 03 to 08 but that sounds like it would be awesome. That level of attention to detail would be one of those small things that would be so noticeable and cool
Old 01-20-2011, 07:51 PM   #7
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

I like that nagging injury idea...

Something else that I've noticed (for a few years now) is the high number of injuries on the OL, as opposed to the other positions...
Old 01-22-2011, 12:16 AM   #8
Pro

Step2001's Arena

Again is have to refer to NFL Head Coach 09! They had the "Wear and Tear" Injury System.
Players would sometimes get injured during the week in practice and miss the game on Sunday.

Injuries over time took there toll on a player. Injuries would carry over to the next season.

NFL HC09 A great "Franchise" Game!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »