Home

Stadium attendance in franchise..

This is a discussion on Stadium attendance in franchise.. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-24-2011, 03:37 PM   #1
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31
Stadium attendance in franchise..

Hi guys, sorry if this has been brought up before but I don't recall a thread about this oddity.

I'm using the Seahawks. Had sellout attendance (all seats noticeably full at Qwest, anyway) for my home games for the 2010 season (I went 10-6, first round exit).

I then went on to a better season the next, 13-3 and SB victory, but there were some empty seats.

I'm on my 3rd year now and the empty seats persist at home, not a LOT, but quite a few! And I'm 3-0 so far? What gives?

Now, I skip/sim the stadium offseason stuff...is that the problem? The team is playing great and should be selling out.

Any thoughts or help is appreciated, gents. Thanks!

OS Dibs: Anna Kendrick

Elite Dangerous on One X has become my life.

Proud PS5 and Xbox Series X Owner
"Best of Both Worlds"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2011, 04:17 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: Stadium attendance in franchise..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieutenant Dan
Hi guys, sorry if this has been brought up before but I don't recall a thread about this oddity.

I'm using the Seahawks. Had sellout attendance (all seats noticeably full at Qwest, anyway) for my home games for the 2010 season (I went 10-6, first round exit).

I then went on to a better season the next, 13-3 and SB victory, but there were some empty seats.

I'm on my 3rd year now and the empty seats persist at home, not a LOT, but quite a few! And I'm 3-0 so far? What gives?

Now, I skip/sim the stadium offseason stuff...is that the problem? The team is playing great and should be selling out.

Any thoughts or help is appreciated, gents. Thanks!
The economy man, the economy.
Old 01-24-2011, 04:29 PM   #3
MVP

Molarmite's Arena

OVR: 13

Does it really make a difference?
Old 01-24-2011, 04:33 PM   #4
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodMeridian
The economy man, the economy.
LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molarmite
Does it really make a difference?
Welll, it's not a game-breaker, but it's something I'm wondering about. Hence the post.

"Best of Both Worlds"
Old 01-24-2011, 04:40 PM   #5
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61

I kinda notice the dynamic attendance being weird too. I played a PLAYOFF game with the Ravens with the best record in the league and the stadium was half empty.

In fact, it was the AFC Championship.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2011, 04:42 PM   #6
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

Hmm....alright, not just me then. So it's either a hiccup or neglecting the stadium upgrade stuff in the offseason.

"Best of Both Worlds"
Old 01-24-2011, 09:55 PM   #7
Go Titans..

OVR: 34

Are you referring to just the upper deck? Or the whole stadium in general, because usually during the regular season no matter how well you play you'll have empty seats near the top.

Also maybe the fans are wearing the same color as the seats? Sometimes when I play with the Redskins at home they're fans will wear the same color as the 1st level and make it look theres only 30 or 40 people there.
Old 01-25-2011, 09:57 AM   #8
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan_OS
Are you referring to just the upper deck? Or the whole stadium in general, because usually during the regular season no matter how well you play you'll have empty seats near the top.

Also maybe the fans are wearing the same color as the seats? Sometimes when I play with the Redskins at home they're fans will wear the same color as the 1st level and make it look theres only 30 or 40 people there.
Hi Evan.

It's seats all around the stadium. What's funny is it's most prevalent on rainy games. Guess it's a game thing...but I can tell you rain does not keep people away from Qwest LOL. It's Seattle, for heaven's sake; that's just when the lime green panchos get put on

I did play a home game in sunshine last night in my chise and it looked like a pretty full house. I know this because I went with the green alt jerseys, which means the crowd follows and lots of green out there haha. So, that made me think of what you brought up; that there's a lot of blue out there that's matching the seats. This helps confirm what you're saying.

I have been playing a lot of rainy games at home (more than Seattle really gets on game days, it actually rains VERY infrequently on game days) so the wimpy Madden Qwest crowds don't want to get wet. Even for rainy home playoff games.

Thanks much for your help. As said before, no big deal, but a curious matter nonetheless.

"Best of Both Worlds"

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »