Home

Opinion- NCAA 11 vs Madden 11

This is a discussion on Opinion- NCAA 11 vs Madden 11 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-25-2011, 08:47 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 3
Opinion- NCAA 11 vs Madden 11

Taking into account everything from presentation to gameplay which game do you think is better and why?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2011, 09:13 AM   #2
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33
Ncaa hands down. Locomotion doesn't kill the game like it does w/ madden. Defense plays a little better. You also get the things that come w/ the college game ie, bowl games, recruting, etc...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 01-25-2011, 11:25 AM   #3
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Opinion- NCAA 11 vs Madden 11

this should have been on the neutral football forum, but i'll have to go with madden.

ncaa claims to have authentic offenses, well play the national champs and see if its authentic........its not

#18 greatest EVA....
Old 01-25-2011, 11:40 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 12

I can't compare to Madden cause I skipped Madden this year, but I can tell you that its mid January and we are still playing NCAA, multiple times a week!
Loving online Dynasty Mode.
Old 01-25-2011, 12:02 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 39

I played way more Madden this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2011, 12:27 PM   #6
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

My time with NCAA more than doubles my time with Madden.

Both are solid titles but NCAA 2011 is the best this series has ever produced IMO. I love the dynasty mode which has replayabilty for many years to come. Game play feels tighter and better on NCAA and the presentation is much better in every way.

Madden made strides though this season as far on on the field. The running game feels amazing and I love the gameplanning feature (funny the way I use it was not the intent of the feature IMO) as I use it to make the AI call a realistic game.
It's off the field (franchise mode) and in the broadcast booth that needs a lot of TLC in 2012. And I have a ton of hope we are going to get very close to what we want in our offline Chise in Madden.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 01-25-2011, 02:17 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 11

Considering the game itself, on the field, I prefer Madden right now. Simpy "feels" better.

But all around, I'd rate NCAA higher, Dynasty is so much more fun right now than Franchise (I really hope they put a lot of work in that one for M12), and all the different offenses you can run make the game more enjoyable in the long run for me. I hope they make the Madden playbooks at least a little bit more diverse for next year, expand the Wildcat for example, almost every team runs some version of it, you could watch the Jets run Triple Option plays out of the Wildcat in the playoffs, if you include it at all, it should be a little bit more than those crappy three plays so everyone immediately knows what's going to happen as soon as they see the formation.

And why is there still no playbook editor in either game? I mean sure I can understand why there's no play creation tool anymore even though it made M8 on the PC sooooo much fun, but at least give us the option of making our own playbook out of existing games, if you're worried about online game balance, you could simply ban user pb's from ranked games and stuff like that.
Old 01-25-2011, 02:39 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 29

I started with NCAA then sold it and went to Madden now I've gone back to NCAA. I think NCAA is the better game I feel like I have more control of my players and I also think ratings matter more. When I take a cupcake up against a good team I get creamed unless I play out of my mind. In Madden it doesn't matter who plays who I win 98% of the time regardless.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »