Home

Roster AI issue resolved

This is a discussion on Roster AI issue resolved within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2003, 08:58 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Roster AI issue resolved

The CPU gives you the option to control JUST THE DEPTH CHART for every team inthe league.

Select all 32 teams at the bieginning, go to coach options and turn everything to CPU except for depth chart.

Then go to management under coach options and you can set ALL THE OWNER MODE STUFF to be handled by the CPU for all teams except for the one you want to control.

*Wipes Brow* this had me scared for Madden this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2003, 09:20 AM   #2
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Roster AI issue resolved

Good solution, but who has time to set every teams depth charts? This shouldn't be an issue. I really hope EA focuses on team management AI next year.

Todd
Old 08-16-2003, 09:28 AM   #3
Pro

rsump112's Arena

OVR: 4

Ya know, I simmed through four seasons last night, and I noticed the flaw as well. However, I also noticed that every one of thos players that was dropped down retired the next year. Maybe they should be the #1 while they are still there, but maybe they just decided to take it easy their last year in the league.
Old 08-16-2003, 09:35 AM   #4
Bacon

CM1847's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:

MizzouRah said:
Good solution, but who has time to set every teams depth charts? This shouldn't be an issue. I really hope EA focuses on team management AI next year.

Todd

Well not every roster has depth chart issues. There are usually only 4 or 5 big mistakes that actually need to be fixed each season, I'm guessing it would take 15 minutes at the most to do this, and maybe the auto-reorder will fix this by itself...
Old 08-16-2003, 09:55 AM   #5
Rookie

But that requires you to do this every year and whenever a player goes down. It's gonna be very time consuming.

Oh well, it is the best solution.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2003, 10:00 AM   #6
Bacon

CM1847's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:

Darth_Vader said:
But that requires you to do this every year and whenever a player goes down. It's gonna be very time consuming.

Oh well, it is the best solution.

Can you switch it to CPU controlled during the regular season and only human control it at the end of the offseason. I'm not sure if the CPU will reorder it the second you switch if off human or not, but if they don't then that would be a good way to do it.
Old 08-16-2003, 10:03 AM   #7
Rookie

Its actually very easy and you can do it very fast. Plus, I have only seen the issue with WRs and QBs.
Old 08-16-2003, 10:08 AM   #8
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:

CM1847 said:
Quote:

MizzouRah said:

Todd

Well not every roster has depth chart issues. There are usually only 4 or 5 big mistakes that actually need to be fixed each season, I'm guessing it would take 15 minutes at the most to do this, and maybe the auto-reorder will fix this by itself...

It's still more than I want to do on a daily basis. It takes long enough for me to manage my team and play a game or two. I don't want to have to look through all 32 teams every week.

It's a fix though.... again, for $50 it shouldn't be an issue, we're talking about a game that's been around for years and years, not a first version.

Todd

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »