Home

New to Madden 11, lots of questions.

This is a discussion on New to Madden 11, lots of questions. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-26-2011, 11:13 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
New to Madden 11, lots of questions.

I'm an avid NCAA gamer, but the last NFL game i played was NFL Head Coach. I'm not finding much in terms of useful tips that pertain to 11.

What's the key to acing a draft, without draft spoilers? Even when i player is fully scouted i don't see anything about their potential to go off of, am i missing it?

Any tips for re-signing players, and signing free agents? Mostly, just trying to get your desired player to agree to a contract that's not insanely high? Does being rejected multiple times bring up the cost of the contract in the end, or could i over 20 variations of contracts and still get the same result? Anyone have a spreadsheet of how much money to allocate to each position?

Can coaches with no bonuses gain bonuses over time, or am i better off firing them and signing coaches to provide bonuses? Also, anyway to know exactly how much a current coach makes, other than guessing by what's in expenses, so i can use that to judge whether or not to retain him?

Are there no formation subs? I love the 3-4, but when your 3-4 end is still playing end on a dime four man front that's a problem.

I'm sure i'll think of more, but i'll stop for now.. Thanks all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2011, 01:09 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: New to Madden 11, lots of questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NE_Passat'n
I'm an avid NCAA gamer, but the last NFL game i played was NFL Head Coach. I'm not finding much in terms of useful tips that pertain to 11.

What's the key to acing a draft, without draft spoilers? Even when i player is fully scouted i don't see anything about their potential to go off of, am i missing it?

Any tips for re-signing players, and signing free agents? Mostly, just trying to get your desired player to agree to a contract that's not insanely high? Does being rejected multiple times bring up the cost of the contract in the end, or could i over 20 variations of contracts and still get the same result? Anyone have a spreadsheet of how much money to allocate to each position?

Can coaches with no bonuses gain bonuses over time, or am i better off firing them and signing coaches to provide bonuses? Also, anyway to know exactly how much a current coach makes, other than guessing by what's in expenses, so i can use that to judge whether or not to retain him?

Are there no formation subs? I love the 3-4, but when your 3-4 end is still playing end on a dime four man front that's a problem.

I'm sure i'll think of more, but i'll stop for now.. Thanks all.
I've wondered about formation subs myself...haven't looked yet though. You could also substitute before the play (ie. you are going with a dime so you change your ends). It'd be a pain but it'd work. AS far as scouting, when you get to the draft you can see their abilities in the little star web. I've found them to be accurate. A guy with a nice fat pentagon (high in all areas) usually ends up being good and vice versa. Can't help you with signing players. If a guy asks too much I assume he doesn't really want to play for me and more on to a guy easier to sign.
Old 01-26-2011, 03:37 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

There are formation subs, you just have to access them in the middle of a game. Not by pausing the game either. You basically have to be really quick or take two or three defensive plays to sub in the personnel you want for a specific formation.
Old 01-26-2011, 04:53 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 9

A little trick to do formation subs is to start a game, go to options and shut off play clock then make your formation subs you want. Then turn the play clock back on then start playing your game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »