Home

Timing and the CPU Passing Game

This is a discussion on Timing and the CPU Passing Game within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 01-27-2011, 10:25 AM   #9
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Timing and the CPU Passing Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjhyankees
I'd have to disagree with this statement...all madden (with good sliders) feels way more real. All pro feels like an arcade game to me....and online at all pro? It seems the guy that throws the first incomplete pass losses! The Qb's almost never miss and regularly complete 85% of their passes. Try all madden...I've not seem much of what you are having problems with and the ones' I've seen have been few and far between.
Well according to the developers, the game is intended to be most realistic at All Pro. It's also the default online difficulty. That's why I referenced issues I've seen at that level.

I understand that sliders fix some of this stuff.
Old 01-27-2011, 11:00 AM   #10
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palo20
Well according to the developers, the game is intended to be most realistic at All Pro. It's also the default online difficulty. That's why I referenced issues I've seen at that level.

I understand that sliders fix some of this stuff.
Wow did they actually say that? You can instantly tell the difference in game play from all-pro and all-madden. I put one of my friends on all-pro who hasn't played Madden in years and he dominated easy. I had to start tweaking the sliders up a little bit for him to get a little bit of a challenge untill he was ready for my all-madden sliders.

All-pro is terrible if your a decent player. Most of the problems your saying up there is the cause of all-pro.. Wish they would let you play ranked games online on all-madden. All-pro helps out alot of scrubs who aren't good survive online because of the all-pro game play. All-pro is the problem.
Old 01-27-2011, 11:52 AM   #11
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

You all are mistaking these two words: challenging and realistic.

All-Pro was designed to be the more realistic mode. Player interactions based upon ratings and not psychic AI.

All-Madden was designed to be the more challenging mode.

Ideally, one should be able to play on All-Pro and tweak sliders to get a realistic AND challenging experience. Unfortunately this game is light years from being ideal.

Also, I don't see how any of this relates to the original post. The CPU passing game is flawed in every possible mode. Just because you can achieve Robo QB in All-Madden does not mean the CPU has a realistic passing game. It merely means that CPU QB's find open receivers unrealistically fast. Again, let's not mistake a challenge for being realistic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2011, 04:26 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
You all are mistaking these two words: challenging and realistic.

All-Pro was designed to be the more realistic mode. Player interactions based upon ratings and not psychic AI.

All-Madden was designed to be the more challenging mode.

Ideally, one should be able to play on All-Pro and tweak sliders to get a realistic AND challenging experience. Unfortunately this game is light years from being ideal.

Also, I don't see how any of this relates to the original post. The CPU passing game is flawed in every possible mode. Just because you can achieve Robo QB in All-Madden does not mean the CPU has a realistic passing game. It merely means that CPU QB's find open receivers unrealistically fast. Again, let's not mistake a challenge for being realistic.
There pretty challenging and realistic to me with a few minor tweaks that can made to make it realistic for yourself. All-Pro provides neither. I get great stats and results from my games. If EA said all-pro was meant for more of a realistic game play they lied. All-pro is the same super easy mode its been for years and will always be like that in my opinion and I will continue to skip right by it and go to all-madden like I've always done.

This does relate to it because most of the problems he said he's having it is a result of playing on all-pro. CPU on all-madden does more then find the open WR they find the best WR and the CPU makes fast reads and more accurate throws on slants, out routes, curls, and deep throw timing compared to the slow lob up passes, inaccurate throws, and the QB just waiting for the WR to get 40-50yds down the field before he finally makes a late throw like they do on all-pro. It makes the game more of a chess match and you have to pick the right plays to compete.

Off course some of what he saying can be better because you still occassionally get some of those problems on all-madden level sliders but its not as bad as it is on all-pro. Thats all I was trying to say.
Old 01-27-2011, 06:59 PM   #13
Rookie

TitanUP2's Arena

OVR: 0

Great post Palo. I have noticed this as well. It pops up about 3 times a game for me. Reciever will be wide open on an out route and the cpu waits till they get to about two yards from the side line before they throw it. Every time its an incomplete. It sucks because I probaly could have at at least 2 losses from the cpu not being able to get a first down or a touchdown on a 2 minute drill to win the game.

It's just one of the many little things that aggrivates you about Madden.
Old 01-27-2011, 09:25 PM   #14
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Nice thread, thank you.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »