Home

Madden NFL 12 Developer Video Podcast at Super Bowl Halftime, Thoughts or Ideas?

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Developer Video Podcast at Super Bowl Halftime, Thoughts or Ideas? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-29-2011, 10:34 PM   #81
Rookie

OVR: 0
The big question is will Alex Flanagan change her clothes this year, or will she wear the same outfit she wore in Madden 10 and 11 on the "Extra Point" show. You'd think a professional woman in sports would buy a new dress and not wear the same clothes two years in a row.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2011, 10:38 PM   #82
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Madden NFL 12 Developer Video Podcast at Super Bowl Halftime, Thoughts or Ideas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by menloe24
The big question is will Alex Flanagan change her clothes this year, or will she wear the same outfit she wore in Madden 10 and 11 on the "Extra Point" show. You'd think a professional woman in sports would buy a new dress and not wear the same clothes two years in a row.....
thats the way I will feel about Erin Andrews in RTG in NCAA 10+11
Old 01-29-2011, 10:53 PM   #83
Rookie

OVR: 1
I believe you should give us a little bit of info about franchise. You guys owe us that much, especially since it wasn't talked about last year at all because you guys clearly said that it wasn't touched. Hook us up.
Old 01-29-2011, 11:23 PM   #84
Rookie

Re: Madden NFL 12 Developer Video Podcast at Super Bowl Halftime, Thoughts or Ideas?

FIX THE FOOTBALL PHYSICS it so annoying that it bounces in a sucky way

BTW: 11 felt like an improvement over 10 but a small one we need 12 to feel like a BIG one.....
Old 01-30-2011, 12:16 PM   #85
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoTiCe_O
They need to put out something worth it because theres becoming less Madden fans every year, me being one of them. I didn't buy madden for the first time last year since i was like 10, and i'm 21 now.

I'm hoping this is the year when they pull it together with the gameplay and get it on point. From the lil things to the Big ones
I am with you man, I did buy 11, but I am not going to buy madden next year, or ever again unless they make a game that gets the same kind of rep as NBA 2k11. If they can't up their standard they don't get my 60 bucks. So I will be paying very close attention, and if another Game Flow is trotted out for show, or another quicker and easier tag line, I am done right then and there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2011, 04:42 PM   #86
Rookie

OVR: 3

if Ian and company wants to advoid the hate that will come after the podcast is released, no matter what new features Ian talks about. They Should just tell us now what they are going to talk about and go into detail in the pod cast. That way all the haters can get it out of their systems now and everyone esle can just enjoy the podcast.
Old 01-30-2011, 04:52 PM   #87
MVP

OVR: 36

Yeah, but it wouldn't be the same without the hateful tweet of the week. There's no reason to hate on the podcast when they're doing it to be nice. It isn't mandatory that we get to see anything from a new game until the release date. Whatever the team decides to discuss is fine, all the "meat" is going to be under wraps for the time being anyways.
Old 01-30-2011, 06:11 PM   #88
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
What do you guys think of the idea of us releasing our first official Madden NFL 12 developer podcast at halftime? It'd only be say 5-8 minutes long, but it'd be a video podcast, showing us talking about maybe one or two new features (along with maybe some mocks or ANT footage) - kind of a kick-off to the new year.

We did the standard blog for Madden 10, and then the Easter egg video for Madden 11 (which took a few weeks to actually spread around), but I'm trying to find something that will leave the community happy and not saying "meh, that was lame, wake me up in August".

Thoughts? Any other ideas?
I think you should let some other guys be front and center in this video podcast. Maybe Josh Looman and Adem because I perceive these guys to naturally project a reassurance to hardcore NFL fans that Madden 12 is headed in the right direction. Maybe even the guy from the run blocking blogs last year because at this point what is said may be less critical than who is saying it.

Fair or not, Ian and Donny the ratings czar are polarizing figures in the Madden community and some people would have their minds made up, good or bad, about a video podcast starring you guys before they have ever seen the content. If you want mass appeal and more people to approach this with an open mind, you might want to consider fresh faces to be front and center. You guys should be there but kind of like a news conference when politicians let the perceived experts speak to the public.

I am well aware that Josh is not new to the staff but most seem to associate him with HC 09 and feel franchise has been lacking because he was assigned to MUT. From everything I have been able to read about Adem, he seems genuinely enthused about his first year working for EA on Madden and you could really use him to express that in this podcast.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »