Home

Madden NFL 12 Developer Video Podcast at Super Bowl Halftime, Thoughts or Ideas?

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Developer Video Podcast at Super Bowl Halftime, Thoughts or Ideas? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-27-2011, 11:20 AM   #41
Banned

OVR: 18
Re: Madden NFL 12 Developer Video Podcast at Super Bowl Halftime, Thoughts or Ideas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
I think that would be great. A great idea IMO would be to center the podcast around the two teams in the game and focus on key players from each side. So if you want to focus on Big Ben and Aaron Rogers you could talk about how the game plans to have players have a better pocket, throwing lanes, fitting the ball in tight windows and what not. Then if you want to focus on guys like Clay Matthews, James Harrison you could talk about how the game has improved defensive locomotion and pursuit, pass rush angles/running arc. Or if you want to talk about the Packers secondary, you could talk about how Madden 12 plans to improve coverage. And of course have ANT demos for all of this. Lots of ways you guys can go I think without spilling the big bag. But at this stage I would probably center the podcast around the two teams in the big game. But that's just me...
This would appear to be the most practical way to go about it. "Punching Bag", Ian, you got that right! lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2011, 11:27 AM   #42
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Madden NFL 12 Developer Video Podcast at Super Bowl Halftime, Thoughts or Ideas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by adub88
I passed on Madden '10 and Madden '11 which really sucks to me because I love football so much. The biggest thing I want to see is more fluid looking animations and just better/new animations overall, can't stress that enough.

Same here, I really think unless the are completely overhauling the game I don't think any hype or new gimmick is going to make me interested in buying another boring Madden game that is designed for a non-football player to pick up and play for 5 minutes. There is so much wrong with the direction that Madden was taken that unless they listen to their real fan base and add defense, serious presentation and make every game feel new, I don't think this franchise or the staff will be around in the near future. People are tired of the smoke screens and plays on words.................no more promises..........it's time to walk the walk. Sorry that I am bitter but this used to be my favorite game before it got ruined and I was replaced by some 7 year old who just wants to scream in the mic and run the cheese out of this non strategy game.
Old 01-27-2011, 11:46 AM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 6

Talk about the new offline franchise additions.
Old 01-27-2011, 11:51 AM   #44
MVP

OVR: 39
Yes I would like a podcast.
Old 01-27-2011, 12:37 PM   #45
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
What do you guys think of the idea of us releasing our first official Madden NFL 12 developer podcast at halftime? It'd only be say 5-8 minutes long, but it'd be a video podcast, showing us talking about maybe one or two new features (along with maybe some mocks or ANT footage) - kind of a kick-off to the new year.
We did the standard blog for Madden 10, and then the Easter egg video for Madden 11 (which took a few weeks to actually spread around), but I'm trying to find something that will leave the community happy and not saying "meh, that was lame, wake me up in August".

Thoughts? Any other ideas?
I think this is a great idea. I may be in the minority, but I enjoyed the PA blog for M10 much more than the "Easter" egg stuff stuff last year. Certainly, they'll be small features that'll be talked about, but I'd look forward to that.

As you are aware I'm sure, there's still going to be a segment of the community that says, "This is what we waited for?"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2011, 01:21 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 5

I would like to see details on any new additions/changes to offline franchise and gameplay.
Old 01-27-2011, 02:51 PM   #47
Banned

OVR: 24

I say do it. Anything's better than the Black Eye Peas halftime "show".......
Old 01-27-2011, 03:17 PM   #48
Banned

dfos81's Arena

OVR: 16
I would like to see more about the gameplay/animations and maybe see many more animations that we do actually see on Sundays, Mondays, Thur, etc, etc...
How bout an animation of Big Ben and another of Aaron Rodgers escaping the pocket and making a play on the run. Football is simple, hit or be hit! Let see some hits and sprinkle in some info about editing sliders, how to get your ideal skill/slider set.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »