Home

Best playbook to emulate Rivera's 4-3 defense?

This is a discussion on Best playbook to emulate Rivera's 4-3 defense? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 02-16-2011, 11:06 PM   #9
Pro

D-MAC©®'s Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Best playbook to emulate Rivera's 4-3 defense?

Quote:
Originally Posted by seriousluboy83
There aren't any...best way to create pressure when using the 4-3 is to control the defensive linemen and manually rush
This is exactly what I do with PHI's playbook.
I've been getting a lot of blitz plays called too.

Or I switch the Bill's PB to a 4-3 scheme & get almost the same result.
Old 02-17-2011, 11:58 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3

I am an Eagles fan, play as them and use 4-3 every year. The defensive PBs for 4-3 are pathetic to say the least. There basically all the same except for a formation here or there. If you've seen one 4-3 defensive PB you've seen them all.
Old 02-17-2011, 10:33 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 8

To the OP and others looking for something similar as well, use the CHI Bears defenseive PB. It has some very nice zone blitz concepts out of the 4-3 Over/Under sets. Seeings as how you'd need to overload a side to bring pressure with just five. It works great as long as your OLB's have 80+ speed/acc with 75+ PMV/FMV as they're usuaslly picked up by a TE or a HB/FB, or when set up properly have a clear rushing lane.

To those who think manually pass rushing in the 4-3 is the only I'd suggest digging a little deeper and investing a bit more time in Practice Mode. I like many Panther faithful was very excited about the hiring and the first thing I did was switch from IND (a base 4-3 Cov 2 Bend Don't Break Concept-Ron Meeks) to a more agressive 4-3 scheme.

Also the NO PB has some nice plays in it as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2011, 12:24 PM   #12
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got The Goods
I am an Eagles fan, play as them and use 4-3 every year. The defensive PBs for 4-3 are pathetic to say the least. There basically all the same except for a formation here or there. If you've seen one 4-3 defensive PB you've seen them all.
yes they are.....its soo sad becuz there are soo many alignments that are not in the game...

the 4-3 even should have been in the game the same year they put the 3-4 even in

and here are a few diff 4-3 looks that are not in the game
http://fastandfuriousfootball.com/wp...Oilers__46.pdf

its a shame that there are SEVEN 3-4 but only the same stale three 4-3 formations
Old 02-18-2011, 09:21 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1

Here is a Gameplan I made for a friend who requested a Ron Rivera style def... This was the best I could come up with using the options available...

I have not tested it so... But my other defensive schemes are well tested with great results...

See my Gameplan thread "Madden Scientist's GAMEPLANS - 44 Nickel Strong, 46 Nickel Strong, 34 Nickel Strong"for other defensive schemes:

3-4 Nickel Strong
4-4 Nickel Strong
4-6 Nickel Strong
Nickel 1-5-5
Nickel 2-4-5
Attached Files
File Type: rar Panthers - Ron Rivera emulation.rar (48.4 KB, 5 views)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »