Home

Gameplanning--Two Controller Workaround Help Requested

This is a discussion on Gameplanning--Two Controller Workaround Help Requested within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-30-2010, 12:30 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Gameplanning--Two Controller Workaround Help Requested

I've searched this and found a couple of posts saying that there is a two controller workaround to the gameplanning glitch (ie can't use modified gameplans for user and cpu teams). I tried using two controllers to select the teams and I can get one side's gameplans to load, but the other teams gameplans immediately default to "Team Default" and I can't get any gameplans to load.

If anyone who claims this fix works could explain exactly what they do, I'd appreciate it.

Also, I read one fix that suggested using two different profiles. This seems to work, but appears to require copying all the gameplans, settings, sliders, to the second profile. Is there any fast way to copy all this to a second profile. I can't seem to figure it out.

Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2010, 01:47 PM   #2
Rookie

ukredskin's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Gameplanning--Two Controller Workaround Help Requested

i think it only works if you have the xbox? ive tried it before and it didnt work for me.(ps3)
Old 11-30-2010, 02:05 PM   #3
Rookie

Thanks for the reply. I am on the xbox. The two profile system "works" but seems like it would be a pain. Also, I don't know how to copy all the gameplans the a second profile.

Some people has expressly stated that they could get it to work with two controllers without using a second profile. I'm hoping one of them will see this and give some instructions because I can't do it.
Old 11-30-2010, 07:45 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

It works for me on the ps3. At the play screen I select one team with one controller and then the other with the other controller and load the gameplanning. When the game starts I pause the game (have to pause w/ second controller to get back the CPU slider settings) and then remove that controller from the team I want the CPU to use
Old 12-01-2010, 12:53 AM   #5
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

If this works, then I'll be a very happy man. Gameplanning made this game for me and it hasn't been the same since I haven't been able to use it for HUM and CPU.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2010, 11:24 AM   #6
Rookie

I couldn't get two controller method to work on the 360. I did get profile method to work.

Here is what I did.

Created new profile on xbox dashboard

Went into madden with new profile signed in only and saved a gameplan to USB flashdrive to get new profile ID on drive.

Downloaded and copied Rocky's gameplans to flashdrive using instructions in his gameplan thread.

Back to xbox dash. Sign in new profile only. Go to system settings/memory and copy Madden gamefiles from flash to harddrive under the new profile.

Go to madden. Sign in with both profiles. Go to start game and use two controllers to select teams. Use your normal profile for the team you want to control and the new profile for the cpu team. Each controller should handle one profile. You should then be able to use gameplans for both teams.

Go to game. Once you use gameplans to select the opening kickoff plays (but before the ball is kicked) go to settings using the controller for the CPU team and move it back to center in controller select so CPU takes over. Play as usual.

One other reminder. When you create the new profile, make sure your settings (penalties, sliders, sub in-out) are changed to be identical to those of your normal profile. Otherwise, when you start a game, the CPU's sliders will be at default all-pro.

Hope that helps.

Joe
Old 01-27-2011, 07:22 PM   #7
Rookie

I downloaded Rockys game plans and extracted the files to a 2GB USB Flash Drive. The game plans do not show up on the xbox 360 when I go into the flash drive. How do you get game saves to work?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »