Home

Is this game worth buying after the patches?

This is a discussion on Is this game worth buying after the patches? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-27-2011, 03:31 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 5
Is this game worth buying after the patches?

Well the title says it all. This is the first time i have not purchased Madden since the game came out in 1989. I played ncaa instead...well ncaa is a bit played out for me now.

Is madden 11 worth buying ? After the patches?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2011, 03:57 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Is this game worth buying after the patches?

Quote:
Originally Posted by treq21
Well the title says it all. This is the first time i have not purchased Madden since the game came out in 1989. I played ncaa instead...well ncaa is a bit played out for me now.

It is to me.. Off course there is a few issues that they well hopefully fix for 12 but I'm having fun with it especially with my sliders.. I been rocking Madden myself since it 1st came out when I was a little kid..

If you do decide to get it you should try my sliders after you get your feet wet with the game for a while. My sliders are meant for guys who are real good at Madden and been playing it for years and who are looking for a real challenge.

Last edited by Jarodd21; 01-28-2011 at 12:02 PM.
Old 01-27-2011, 06:49 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:

Absolutely...and I"m one that waited on next gen until they fixed the franchise mode (at least mostly). I played up to madden 08 on gamecube. They didn't make 09 for gamecube and I refused to go next gen based on what I heard (franchise mode, cpu drafting 4 QB's on one team etc.) I finally broke down and got a ps3 and madden 10....I feel 11 is better than 10. It feels like the gameplay is closer to old gen to me. Which IMO is a good thing as old gen played real well. The franchise mode has some issues, mostly to me, about things that are missing, not so much things going wrong. But I'll put it this way. ON Gamecube I played 2-3 hours per night. I stopped Madden 10 after a while....and with 11 i'm playing 2-3 hours per night again.
Get it , you won't be sorry (unless you expect perfection). ONe note....find sliders that are good for you. Don't listen to Jarrod....his sliders will have you getting beat 45-0!!!! (just kidding big J)
Old 01-28-2011, 11:43 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjhyankees
Absolutely...and I"m one that waited on next gen until they fixed the franchise mode (at least mostly). I played up to madden 08 on gamecube. They didn't make 09 for gamecube and I refused to go next gen based on what I heard (franchise mode, cpu drafting 4 QB's on one team etc.) I finally broke down and got a ps3 and madden 10....I feel 11 is better than 10. It feels like the gameplay is closer to old gen to me. Which IMO is a good thing as old gen played real well. The franchise mode has some issues, mostly to me, about things that are missing, not so much things going wrong. But I'll put it this way. ON Gamecube I played 2-3 hours per night. I stopped Madden 10 after a while....and with 11 i'm playing 2-3 hours per night again.
Get it , you won't be sorry (unless you expect perfection). ONe note....find sliders that are good for you. Don't listen to Jarrod....his sliders will have you getting beat 45-0!!!! (just kidding big J)
Make sure you tell him to use the rewind feature too....
Old 01-28-2011, 12:05 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjhyankees
Haha! Well its true.. If your not 100% focus on the game you might be looking at score like that. Haha! But if he isn't ready for my sliders he should try yours or Fistofrage. I recommend those and SteelcityJames..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2011, 03:59 PM   #6
Pro

steelcityjames's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
Make sure you tell him to use the rewind feature too....
Oh c'mon..... using rewind is a perfectly legal way of CHEATING!!!!! LOL ..... just messin' wit ya mjh
Old 01-28-2011, 08:20 PM   #7
Pro

steelcityjames's Arena

Quote:

IMO it's absolutely is worth it. the patches have corrected alot of quirks and made the game alot better. i would definitely recommend trying the settings on all-madden game sliders. myself , jarodd21 , fistofrage , and mjhyankees all have realistic & challenging all-madden slider sets that are great for offline franchise.
Old 01-28-2011, 10:16 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

Yes! But there will be another madden out in like 7 months.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »