Home

The Pro Bowl and Awards

This is a discussion on The Pro Bowl and Awards within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-30-2011, 04:48 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 36
Re: The Pro Bowl and Awards

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb24
Not really. They said that they CANNOT put the pro bowl teams with the players team helmet due to space issues. They already said they cant or wont do it (I didnt care to pay attention to the details). No I dont have a link because I dont feel like searching but it was talked about on here.

As for not blitzing during the pro bowl, I think thats the case for real life. In the pro bowl guys only go half speed and pretty much dont blitz the other team (cant say 100% since I never watch it). So in that regard it seems they did make something realistic but guys want it the other way LOL.
I would personally love to see many additions to the game, and I honestly find it hard to believe that Madden maximizes disc space. Now, if the devs honestly don't have the ability to put it in the game, than fair enough and I'll live. Without going the fighting/flaming route, I'll just say that we did have team-specific helmets at a previous time.
Old 01-30-2011, 06:46 PM   #10
Pro

wallofhate's Arena

OVR: 8

Even more odd thing is that they dont even have the correct jerseys.without the different helmets its not worth playing the helmets are the commodity
Old 01-30-2011, 07:37 PM   #11
MVP

sb24's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFitsDaveyJ
I would personally love to see many additions to the game, and I honestly find it hard to believe that Madden maximizes disc space. Now, if the devs honestly don't have the ability to put it in the game, than fair enough and I'll live. Without going the fighting/flaming route, I'll just say that we did have team-specific helmets at a previous time.
I would agree it doesnt make much sense, I just remember a quote at one time from a developer saying they cant do it.

Now since I watch the start of the pro bowl, I see for 100% fact it is against the rules of the game to blitz(there are plenty of other rules too). So there is something EA got right.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2011, 08:01 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallofhate
Even more odd thing is that they dont even have the correct jerseys.without the different helmets its not worth playing the helmets are the commodity
exactly, i miss ps2. progressive lighting and those helmets ahh man.
Old 01-30-2011, 08:08 PM   #13

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFitsDaveyJ
Phil told us this awhile ago and every year there is this same debate.

I've tried and tried to find the link but in the drivel in the Madden forums I have never been able to find it (it was in 08 I think).

We lost them at the conversion from old gen to new gen and I'm fairly certain it was because of how the uniforms were generated. Instead of creating just two sets of pro bowl jerseys they would have to create 32 sets.

To you and me it may not seem that difficult, but I dont pretend to understand programming and never will.
Old 01-30-2011, 09:03 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 36

Well, they dropped the past method of body model and uniform design after Madden 08 as well. Now we have the more lean models with the PS2 style (obviously nicer looking, but in the same vein) uniforms. My thing is, since 09 was the first time they used the updated player models, could they theoretically(guessing here) create 32 Pro Bowl templates with blank helmets...then copy and paste the team helmet and link it to said team so only Pro Bowl players from PIT wear PBPIT or PHI wears PBPHI helmets? The worst case in that scenario is that they'd have to make it so that each individual uniform becomes an option in normal games. I'd gladly "settle" for an extra uniform than miss the most interesting part of the Pro Bowl in a future edition.

I have slim to no knowledge of the situation either, but wouldn't them switching the engines(hate using that word, but couldn't think of another) no longer have that be an applicable reason? The detail in older next-gen Madden uniforms far outweighs the detail in Madden 11's, IMO. I just simply don't believe that it would take 3 full development years to copy and paste 32 helmets. Which brings in the question of, a) is it truly impossible or b) just not important enough in their eyes? I would think there has to be some sort of snag in the code, but I don't believe it is IMPOSSIBLE by any means with 2011 technology.

Last edited by RedZoneD25; 01-30-2011 at 09:07 PM.
Old 01-31-2011, 09:29 AM   #15
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb24
I would agree it doesnt make much sense, I just remember a quote at one time from a developer saying they cant do it.

Now since I watch the start of the pro bowl, I see for 100% fact it is against the rules of the game to blitz(there are plenty of other rules too). So there is something EA got right.
Actually, they didn't.

As the OP said,

Quote:
Originally Posted by oOo Ideas oOo
Also in the pro bowl you cannot blitz so modify the playbooks.
As in, in real life, you are not allowed to blitz or play a three man front [3-4.] The OP is saying there should be a "pro bowl" play book. That both teams have to use.

Honestly, what really bothers me, and I brought this up as a minor point at CD, is that the Pro-bowl is really what madden is all about. It is an area of real life that Madden the video could embrace and expand upon. The idea of using teams with virtual athletes who cannot get hurt [turn injuries off] that are made up of the best players in the league to play "an ultimate game to see who is the best."

Right now, the pro Bowl is just as much a joke in madden as it is in real life, if not worse. EA could embrase the Pro Bowl. Allow the different helmets, allow you to save and export both NFC and AFC teams [keep track of the helmet in the save file, like a reference that checks the last team the player played for in his stats or something.] Allow players to upload and play unranked games online with pro-bowl teams from franchise mode.

It would be a lot of fun, at least to me, to have a number of save files from over the years of franchise mode and play Pro Bowl teams against each other.

Sadly, as sb24 wrote earlier, this won't happen. None of it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2011, 09:52 AM   #16
Banned

OVR: 0

now that you tell me this, i really got angry.

they just need to cut out the other stupid modes or use two disc, the other for franchise especially. if they really cared they would do so, this space crap is getting old sort of like the boy who cried wolf.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »