Home

Is the High-Kick Off Freeze a cheese, exploit, and/or glitch?

This is a discussion on Is the High-Kick Off Freeze a cheese, exploit, and/or glitch? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)
View Poll Results: Is the High-Kick Off Freeze a cheese, exploit, glitch, or none of the above?
Cheese 7 31.82%
Exploit 6 27.27%
Glitch 3 13.64%
None of the above. 6 27.27%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-30-2011, 11:36 PM   #9
Rookie

D Unit's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Is the High-Kick Off Freeze a cheese, exploit, and/or glitch?

Fellows thank you for the input. I was a victim of this play. I just lost a divisional playoff game due to this High- Kick off Freeze. I dont play lobby games I love playing league games. We run a strick Sim League and unfortunetly my opponent decided to run this Cheesy Play. Down six points 1 minute and 24 seconds left on the clock and he kicked the ball high, causing my players not to react. I moved my full back and I could not switch to my other players nearest to the ball.

He recovered the ball on my 20 yard line. With no time outs left the clock ran out. This is the way the game ended. A Divisional Playoff Game. This is the way the game ended.

Last edited by D Unit; 01-30-2011 at 11:40 PM.
Old 01-30-2011, 11:50 PM   #10
MVP

sb24's Arena

OVR: 28

Can my vote be all of the above. If a team wouldnt try it/couldnt pull it off in real life then its a crap play IMO.
Old 01-31-2011, 12:29 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Unit
Fellows thank you for the input. I was a victim of this play. I just lost a divisional playoff game due to this High- Kick off Freeze. I dont play lobby games I love playing league games. We run a strick Sim League and unfortunetly my opponent decided to run this Cheesy Play. Down six points 1 minute and 24 seconds left on the clock and he kicked the ball high, causing my players not to react. I moved my full back and I could not switch to my other players nearest to the ball.

He recovered the ball on my 20 yard line. With no time outs left the clock ran out. This is the way the game ended. A Divisional Playoff Game. This is the way the game ended.
Dude, you're not telling the whole story. The ball was kicked High, there was no running out of bounds.. It was just a high Kick to keep a really fast kick returner from returning the ball. He moved his fullback out of the way in an attempt to either let the ball go out of bounds or to have his fast KO returner retrieve the ball. None of those things happened and my guy recovered the ball. Tell the full story before crying on here for moral support. YOu did not lose the game because of that play. You were held to 14 points and no guarantee you would have scored and secondly in the NFL people kick away from Hester type returners all the time. That is what I did and in my book there was nothing wrong with the play. Anyone else see it my way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2011, 02:13 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 44
Thumbs up Re: Is the High-Kick Off Freeze a cheese, exploit, and/or glitch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roll2tide
In a league I would ban it 100%. Leagues are a slightly different animal in that's it's less about 1 players "right" to do something and more about keeping the league cohesive and keep everyone getting along. If your doing this in a sim league then you probably don't belong there and it is highly unlikely, imo, that this is the only thing your doing.

Ranked games, Tourney style leagues....you just get what you get. Be ready for anything-and that's fine in those situations. To each their own. But in a sim league.....I don't think it has any place whatsoever. That guy knows he wont get blocked, he knows the penalty won't be called. Sure, the other huy can fair catch and that's all fine and good but the offenders intent is to gain an advantage by exploiting the the fact that the game doesn't handle the situation properly.
This is an excellent post. Well said tide! I would agree that this play has it's place.

Facebook.com/ufl2012
YouTube.com/ufl2012
Follow me on [email protected]

Last edited by sixzero; 01-31-2011 at 08:26 AM.
Old 01-31-2011, 10:27 AM   #13
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Maddenball at it's best. I love it! I hope online players cheese the hell out of Madden until it inspires real improvements.

I never play online, but I'm starting to think it's the best addition to Madden since passing icons.
Old 01-31-2011, 05:21 PM   #14
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40

As long as the receiving team is able to call fair catch I see no problem..
Old 01-31-2011, 05:34 PM   #15
Pro

OVR: 10

IMO if its done more than one time its All of Above. But in his situation he didnt want to risk the return so the high kick or squib is the same thing in that situation. You should of just called fair catch.

Now when done all game long to prevent a kickoff return.....this becomes cheese/exploit/all of the above. If its not done on Sundays then its cheese. But like I said if it was a late stradegy call im fine with it.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »