Home

How do you rebuild?

This is a discussion on How do you rebuild? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-31-2011, 11:48 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: How do you rebuild?

Okay, I'll have to check the schemes. Might make the rebuilding project even more of a challenge. Heard it'll take awhile finding the right guys who suits the scheme.
Old 02-01-2011, 07:11 AM   #18
MVP

RJTurneR's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
I am in the process of turning the Panthers into a big, bad 3-4 front seven
Same here, it's easier than I thought it would be with those guys. Their defense has the pieces needed. I simply changed James Anderson, who was a LOLB, to MLB, so then you have him and Dan Conner in the middle, with Jon Beason and Thomas Davis on the outside. Add a couple of big bodies up front and you have a defense.

It's a lot of fun having control of al 32 teams. I traded Carson Palmer to the Titans and now the Bengals have a little project going on with Troy Smith. He looks good in their uniform.
Old 02-01-2011, 10:27 AM   #19
Observer

guaps's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJTurneR
Same here, it's easier than I thought it would be with those guys. Their defense has the pieces needed. I simply changed James Anderson, who was a LOLB, to MLB, so then you have him and Dan Conner in the middle, with Jon Beason and Thomas Davis on the outside. Add a couple of big bodies up front and you have a defense.
It's always easy in Madden, because there is no penalty for switching from 4-3 to 3-4 defense Take Jon Beason for example, he's a fantastic 4-3 linebacker and can play both the MLB and OLB position. But I personally wouldn't use him as an OLB in a 3-4 system if I were to play true to life. First, because he's been playing 4-3 for four seasons now and nobody really know how he's gonna fit in a 3-4 scheme. Second, he's too small to pass rush from the outside position IMO. I just don't see him beating too many LTs or RTs in one-on-ones. He only has 3 career sacks after four seasons in the NFL.

I hope Madden 12 franchise mode will ditch the overall rating and bring in the team rating from Head Coach, where player ratings were based on your team's philosophy - so a guy could be 85 overall on one team and 72 overall on another. That way you were forced to make though decisions if you wanted to change the schemes.
Old 02-01-2011, 12:55 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 6

I don't really have rules, I just try and make it realistic. For example, I use the Jet,s and these people who say only resign "x" amount of players, I don't follow that rule, because I know in real life we are going to try to resign Cro, Holmes, Edwards, etc.
Old 02-01-2011, 11:03 PM   #21
Pro

Figment's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDelta
Do you use any houserules concerning the draft and scouting?

Because in my experience, if you scout fully, have 10 picks every year, go for the "hidden gems" in the later rounds and always sign them to 7 year contracts afterwards you can easily have a team full of OVR 90+, A Potential players that play for pocket change mostly within 2-3 years without ever hitting free agency.
My general rule of thumb on the draft depends on when they were drafted. This is my rule:

Round 1 Picks 1-5: 7 Year Contract
Round 1 Picks 6 - 16: 6 Year Contract
Round 1 Picks 17-32 & Round 2 Picks 1-16: 5 Year Contract
Round 2 Picks 17-32 & Round 3: 4 Year Contract
Round 4 and Round 5: 3 Year Contract
Round 6: 2 Year Contract
Round 7: 1 Year Contract

These aren't set in stone, just a maximum length contract I can give. I can still sign them for a shorter contract as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2011, 09:16 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 2

I have a question..what exactly is rebuilding? Like i know you take a bad team and make then better but like i dont get it..what if you play on a certain difficulty and can win on it a lot? I'm confused about the whole thing. Sorry if I sound like a noob..but i just wanted to get into rebuilding but i didnt know what it was exactly lol
Old 02-02-2011, 09:29 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 36

That's it. Rebuilding is the roster part of the process of turning a typically lowly team into a perennial winner and constant SB contender. Sure, the wins help, but that typically comes with good drafting and cap management.
Old 02-02-2011, 09:52 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 2

Alright, so are you supposed to like sim seasons? How many? Im new to this sorry if i sound stupid lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »