Home

Total,Solo, Assisted tackle stats??? Thrown at stat?

This is a discussion on Total,Solo, Assisted tackle stats??? Thrown at stat? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-31-2011, 05:10 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 10
Total,Solo, Assisted tackle stats??? Thrown at stat?

Im sure this is a small fix and maybe doesnt bother some people but the way this currently works is ruining the game for me. I have Patrick Willis at the end of a season usually with 80-90 solo tackles and 30+ assisted. My problem is that they dont add up to make a total. And he ends up being way below the league total leaders.

There needs to be a Total stat a Solo stat and a assisted stat all seperate but the final tackle stat should be the Total.

Another thing that has been bugging me for years is that a shutdown corner doesnt get any accolades or pro bowl appointments unless he has high interception #'s. IMO there needs to be a times targeted or thrown against so the Champ Bailey/Naimdi Asmo? of the world could still make it with low interception numbers. This would work well as a WR stat also times thrown at or targeted.

I know these things are probably insanely low on EA's totem pole but in my head they seem simple but what do I know.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2011, 07:02 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Total,Solo, Assisted tackle stats??? Thrown at stat?

i agree and will also add that there are times in the game when you make a tackle and don't get credit for either a solo or an assist. i think it has to do with a presentation animation that cause the tackle not to be counted.
Old 01-31-2011, 08:55 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 6

Also QB hits, pressures, and knockdowns....
Old 02-01-2011, 08:40 PM   #4
Retar Crew

Antec's Arena

OVR: 12

I'd love to see more in depth stats like these make it into Madden. They would be a lot easier to chart being a video game too. Another to add to the list would be missed tackles by defenders.
Old 02-01-2011, 09:52 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

Would love the "Total Tackles" stat to be added in.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2011, 09:59 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 6

I believe QB hit's was a stat back in the old days, Madden 05 etc.

A stat I would like is game winning field goals and have that tie into a "clutch" stat for kickers. Would help seperate kickers in late game situations, at the moment any kicker is automatic from 50 - 55yrds
Old 02-02-2011, 12:34 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhhs63
Also QB hits, pressures, and knockdowns....
Yes this would be great.. Also some hits on the QB that causes fumbles doesnt count as a sack for some reason. That needs to be fixed..
Old 02-02-2011, 09:08 AM   #8
Rookie

havokeff's Arena

OVR: 3

Glad to know that P Dub gets crappy stats in other people's franchises too.

It should be an easy fix. PW got 101 solo tackles this year and 27 asst. tackles, so your numbers aren't really too far off. The issue, as you said, is that the game doesn't add the two numbers at the end of the year.

In case you are wondering though, tackles are not an officially kept stat by the NFL.

There are people that say that PW actually recorded over 200 tackles his rookie year, for example. So, I'm OK with them not being perfect in Madden.

Your point on CBs is valid though. The problem is, the AI doesn't take someone like Nnamdi into account and will through at him anyway. Also, if you keep that stat, then how do you differentiate between the starter that was only thrown at 28 times and the 4th stringer that was only thrown at 28 times. I suppose you could just take the fact of who was the starter into account, but that raises other issues.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »