Home

This tuff coverage makes Madden online not so fun anymore.

This is a discussion on This tuff coverage makes Madden online not so fun anymore. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2003, 06:57 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
This tuff coverage makes Madden online not so fun anymore.

I can't stand playing this game online anymore. Whenever I play online, its seems as though my opponent and I only score off of INT's returned back for TD's. Sure we could run the ball all the time but if it comes down to 3rd and 9 you have to pass the ball and it usually gets blocked or intercepted. Stopping your opponents offense is easy if you use the cover 2 defense. The computer will do the defending for you. Oh well atleast I still have NCAA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2003, 07:41 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: This tuff coverage makes Madden online not so fun anymore.

practice mode is there for a reason
Old 08-16-2003, 07:58 PM   #3
F**tb*ll F*n*t*c

Fetter21's Arena

OVR: 30

Shouldn't this be a welcome feature to Madden? There is actually D in the NFL. I'm yet to play Madden online from any year, but playing against friends my biggest complaint is there is no D your score can go into the 50's almost every game if you get people that know what they're doing on offense. And you should throw INTs instead of completions when you throw into triple coverage, which also hasn't been the case in the past.

You just need to play the game more and get use to the fact that you're going to have to make better decisions and not force the ball in so much.
Old 08-16-2003, 08:10 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 5

I always laugh when people complain about how hard it is.....CHRIST PPL last year you where bitc-hing it was too easy....oh well cant please all the nerbs.
Old 08-16-2003, 08:17 PM   #5
F**tb*ll F*n*t*c

Fetter21's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:

KymeraGB said:
I always laugh when people complain about how hard it is.....CHRIST PPL last year you where bitc-hing it was too easy....oh well cant please all the nerbs.

Yeah, you're never going to make everyone happy, especially those nerbs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2003, 08:47 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:

Fetter21 said:
Shouldn't this be a welcome feature to Madden? There is actually D in the NFL. I'm yet to play Madden online from any year, but playing against friends my biggest complaint is there is no D your score can go into the 50's almost every game if you get people that know what they're doing on offense. And you should throw INTs instead of completions when you throw into triple coverage, which also hasn't been the case in the past.

You just need to play the game more and get use to the fact that you're going to have to make better decisions and not force the ball in so much.

The improved pass defense is indeed a welcome feature. I am just amazed that people complain that passing is too hard when last year most people agreed that it was too easy.
For years Madden NFL football was too offensive minded and finally the game is more balanced and yet people still are not satisfied.
Old 08-16-2003, 09:09 PM   #7
Cr*m*n*lly *nd*rr*t*d

LetsGoPitt's Arena

OVR: 27

People aren't happy unless they can find something to complain about.
Old 08-16-2003, 09:21 PM   #8
Tebow is Chuck Norris

OVR: 18

Quote:

Fetter21 said:

You can't win if you are EA. Can't please everyone. I personally am very very happy about the defensive improvements - if you throw a bad pass or into double coverage you should get picked off.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »