Home

Madden NFL 12 Super Bowl Halftime Blog is Official, Franchise Mode Not Covered

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Super Bowl Halftime Blog is Official, Franchise Mode Not Covered within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-02-2011, 07:29 PM   #33
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Madden NFL 12 Super Bowl Halftime Blog is Official, Franchise Mode Not Covered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Details
Two new features will be announced. Any guesses?

Progressive Lighting and Progressive Weather

Now these seem more realistic. I would be happy with these.
It would be a perfect start to jumpstart the info with those 2/
Old 02-02-2011, 09:20 PM   #34
MVP

sniperhare's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Madden NFL 12 Super Bowl Halftime Blog is Official, Franchise Mode Not Covered

Hopefully the features are full customization of players and draft classes, and the improvement of EA locker to have the same functionality as the 2K file share system.
Old 02-02-2011, 11:24 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperhare
Hopefully the features are full customization of players and draft classes, and the improvement of EA locker to have the same functionality as the 2K file share system.
This is most likely related to franchise so it's doubtful. But, I do hope for better customization of players.

The little things matter. . what are the little things you say?. . . Idk. . surprise me ;-)

Sincerely,
Goodygoody
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2011, 02:39 AM   #36
MVP

OVR: 36

I was thinking. I see some sports games come out where the small announcements are still AWESOME, and the big announcements are universally OMGed by all parties. I want that. In any way, shape, or form. Go all out and leave no stone (or code) unturned.
Old 02-03-2011, 06:33 AM   #37
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54
Looking forward to this.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 02-03-2011, 06:57 AM   #38
Observer

guaps's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Details
Two new features will be announced. Any guesses?

Custom Playbooks and Stadium Sounds

Too big of a combo, probably. I'm also not sure if the desire to add stadium sounds is there. It used to be when NCAA first unveiled it.

Progressive Lighting and Progressive Weather

Now these seem more realistic. I would be happy with these.
In my opinion Tiburon needs to present two new, important gameplay features. If the new features aren't gameplay-related then it provides little hope for the many doubters out there that Madden 12 will be worth a purchase. Tiburon needs to convince people that they can make a realistic football game--and here I'm talking about gameplay, not lighting, socks, visors etc.

Also while I like to have custom playbooks down the road, I don't see the point in having them until the fundamentals of football are taken care of. Custom playbooks with the current engine would only open up for more exploits, more flaws and ultimately more complaints--none of which are in EA's interest.

Last edited by guaps; 02-03-2011 at 07:00 AM.
Old 02-03-2011, 07:53 AM   #39
Banned

Cre8's Arena

OVR: 9

For the blog to lack ANYTHING about Franchise Mode I have lost all interest in it.
Old 02-03-2011, 08:42 AM   #40
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Two new features? Hmmm, color me interested...

I still don't expect anything to knock my socks off at this stage. But still, you gotta be curious about what they're going to present.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guaps
In my opinion Tiburon needs to present two new, important gameplay features. If the new features aren't gameplay-related then it provides little hope for the many doubters out there that Madden 12 will be worth a purchase. Tiburon needs to convince people that they can make a realistic football game--and here I'm talking about gameplay, not lighting, socks, visors etc.
Well since we know it's not franchise and chances are it's nothing related to presentation, I think gameplay is a safe bet. At the same time, more than any time in the last few years, there is a growing # of people who can enjoy the gameplay as is. This forum specifically was nowhere near as satisfied with Madden's gameplay just two years ago.

My point is that if they opted to, they could've gotten away with introducing two new features not related to gameplay. I think today we see just as many franchise complaints as gameplay ones, but perhaps that's just my perception. Regardless, there is much room for improvement on the gameplay front, and I'm anxious to see what bone they throw at us.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »