Home

Madden NFL 12 Super Bowl Halftime Blog is Official, Franchise Mode Not Covered

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Super Bowl Halftime Blog is Official, Franchise Mode Not Covered within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-03-2011, 09:27 AM   #41
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Madden NFL 12 Super Bowl Halftime Blog is Official, Franchise Mode Not Covered

I think they are something with controls and defense. OR maybe my dreams are coming true and it will be something about physics in the game(pipe dream I know)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2011, 10:31 AM   #42
Rookie

Reejer's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Madden NFL 12 Super Bowl Halftime Blog is Official, Franchise Mode Not Covered

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
last year was the first year since Madden 92 that i didn't buy Madden and honestly i didn't miss it for a second. Granted for the previous 4-5 years before last i would fall for the hype, buy the game, play for a week, hate it and then never touch it again. So theyre really going to have to wow me in order for me to want to put out the cash for this game.
Same here. As an offline only guy I have been disappointed with all of the PS3 versions, and it will take alot to bring me back into the fold (M-06' PS2 depth/replayability, and with updated presentation/graphics).

And I hope that the two new features aren't silly, gimmicky new things to sucker new kids (10yo and younger) into buying the game. But to bring back the folks who have stuck with Madden throughout the years, but have recently been losing hope. The hope that Madden will regain it's luster, that it has lost since going next-gen.
Old 02-03-2011, 10:53 AM   #43
MVP

OVR: 12

I'm wondering if they are 2 new features the community was actually asking for, or 2 new features EA dreamed up and think are great.
Old 02-03-2011, 12:59 PM   #44
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDKing
I'm wondering if they are 2 new features the community was actually asking for, or 2 new features EA dreamed up and think are great.
Very good question.
Old 02-03-2011, 01:22 PM   #45
MVP

OVR: 39

Create a touchdown dance using your Xbox Kinect

"The Creep"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2011, 02:09 PM   #46
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Details
Two new features will be announced. Any guesses?

Custom Playbooks and Stadium Sounds

Too big of a combo, probably. I'm also not sure if the desire to add stadium sounds is there. It used to be when NCAA first unveiled it.

Progressive Lighting and Progressive Weather

Now these seem more realistic. I would be happy with these.
If these were the features they announced i dont know if i'd ever buy Madden again. If they announced something like custom playbooks which is ok and a feature that was in NCAA 3 years ago then i wouldnt be able to support them.

Personally i think they need to announce something on the defensive side of the ball. Defense in these games is almost an after thought. And along the lines of custom playbooks they need to do a better job making each playbook unique instead of all playbooks with I formation contains these plays, all playbooks with near contain these plays. And defensively there needs to be more plays and more unique playbooks instead of picking a 4-3 or a 3-4 and then getting all the plays from those formations. The Jets and Patriots both play a 3-4 but they dont run all of the same defensive plays. Same for the Packers and Steelers. Everything is too universal in this game and adding more team specific stuff will help with the game feeling different depending on which team you use.
Old 02-03-2011, 03:22 PM   #47
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by thudias
Create a touchdown dance using your Xbox Kinect"
that's a good one....actually that would be kinda cool.
Old 02-03-2011, 04:47 PM   #48
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77

At halftime of the Super Bowl we will be releasing a #madden12 blog, a (shaky cam) gameplay video, and a ~5 min. long #maddenpodcast. Boom.

http://twitter.com/#!/ian_cummings/s...80117920759809
Follow me on Twitter

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »