Home

Madden NFL 12 Super Bowl Halftime Blog is Official, Franchise Mode Not Covered

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Super Bowl Halftime Blog is Official, Franchise Mode Not Covered within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-03-2011, 07:49 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Madden NFL 12 Super Bowl Halftime Blog is Official, Franchise Mode Not Covered

My bet then is that your Madden 11 MUT team will carry over to Madden 12.
Old 02-03-2011, 08:22 PM   #58
MVP

OVR: 36
Re: Madden NFL 12 Super Bowl Halftime Blog is Official, Franchise Mode Not Covered

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyJim76
My bet then is that your Madden 11 MUT team will carry over to Madden 12.
How would that be considered news?

It did from M10 to M11.
Old 02-03-2011, 08:28 PM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 6
Sorry man,never played MUT, didn't know
Old 02-03-2011, 08:48 PM   #60
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayman
Looks like it might be Ultimate Team stuff:
Or it could just mean some MUT SB cards could be added into the mix for SB weekend. But who knows. You could be right.
Old 02-03-2011, 08:54 PM   #61
Banned

FootballDetails's Arena

OVR: 30

I hope it's not MUT news. I would chalk that up as disappointing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2011, 09:17 PM   #62

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meast21Forever
it's not that ridiculous. ian and the team have got to push their own ideas and those of the community rather than gimmicky ideas that are no doubt handed down from upstairs. they want to put out a good product, but their opinion of a great game may be different from ours, which may be different from the suits at ea. i think this year will be a key year in deciding whether this team is the one to take madden back to its former glory.
I've never had a job where I could do the opposite of what I'm told.

I can voice my opinion as much as I want but at the end of the day if my vote doesn't win, it doesn't mean I can disregard what I've been told to do.
Old 02-03-2011, 09:29 PM   #63
Pro

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
I've never had a job where I could do the opposite of what I'm told.

I can voice my opinion as much as I want but at the end of the day if my vote doesn't win, it doesn't mean I can disregard what I've been told to do.
exactly right. which is why i don't think the idea of this year being a defining year as ridiculous. the madden community will base judgments of this team from the final product (regardless of who came up with the ideas). the current madden team has to lobby as hard as they can in order to take the game in the right direction. i think they can, but it depends how hard they push.

obviously they can't blatantly do what the opposite of what they're told. the only job that lets you do that is at a strip club where they tell you 'don't have sex with the customers for money' but they're winking at you when they say it. (man what a weird summer job that was.) anyway, they're the ones making the game and their input has to have a higher value than some money man making a push for a game appealing to the 'casual gamer'. whether this team can make that push, listen to the community and reflect that message loud enough to be heard by the boss man at ea is yet to be seen. i think this years product will answer that.

and about the mut update, that's a bummer. this mode has always seemed like a little extra something and fairly unsubstantial. it's only my opinion, obviously, but if that's the only news to come from the superbowl blog, i'll be sorely disappointed.
Old 02-03-2011, 09:34 PM   #64

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meast21Forever
exactly right. which is why i don't think the idea of this year being a defining year as ridiculous. the madden community will base judgments of this team from the final product (regardless of who came up with the ideas). the current madden team has to lobby as hard as they can in order to take the game in the right direction. i think they can, but it depends how hard they push.

obviously they can't blatantly do what the opposite of what they're told. the only job that lets you do that is at a strip club where they tell you 'don't have sex with the customers for money' but they're winking at you when they say it. (man what a weird summer job that was.) anyway, they're the ones making the game and their input has to have a higher value than some money man making a push for a game appealing to the 'casual gamer'. whether this team can make that push, listen to the community and reflect that message loud enough to be heard by the boss man at ea is yet to be seen. i think this years product will answer that.
Sounds like we are pretty much on the same page then.

I think the only problem with your argument is the fact that "the right direction" is pretty arbitrary and unfortunately, and I know some will disagree with me here, we here at OS are pretty much in the minority as to what is widely viewed as the right direction.

And I don't mean that in the sense that we are wrong in what we want to see, but I think people that make decisions probably see stronger growth in other aspects of the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »