Home

Madden NFL 12 Super Bowl Halftime Blog is Official, Franchise Mode Not Covered

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Super Bowl Halftime Blog is Official, Franchise Mode Not Covered within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-03-2011, 09:42 PM   #65
Pro

OVR: 13
Re: Madden NFL 12 Super Bowl Halftime Blog is Official, Franchise Mode Not Covered

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Sounds like we are pretty much on the same page then.

I think the only problem with your argument is the fact that "the right direction" is pretty arbitrary and unfortunately, and I know some will disagree with me here, we here at OS are pretty much in the minority as to what is widely viewed as the right direction.

And I don't mean that in the sense that we are wrong in what we want to see, but I think people that make decisions probably see stronger growth in other aspects of the game.
i hate to agree with that point, but the reality is you're probably right. the fight for realism and depth instead of gimmicks is a battle madden has lost for the last 5 years or so. it's become more about the fiscal year than it has the football season. it's a damn shame.

i honestly think ian and his guys know what we want and agree with us for the most part. it's just the business side that is keeping madden from going where it could go.

don't get me wrong though. i think madden 12 is going to be a solid game and probably the best of the series. the current team has only improved the game since they've been here and i don't see that trend ending any time soon.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2011, 11:03 PM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Madden NFL 12 Super Bowl Halftime Blog is Official, Franchise Mode Not Covered

I didn't buy Madden 11, because the Madden team didn't really focus on gameplay and offline franchise. If they don't focus on gameplay and offline franchise, and instead focus on gimmicks for the casual fans, I will not buy madden 12 either.

Last edited by TheTruth437; 02-03-2011 at 11:05 PM.
Old 02-03-2011, 11:13 PM   #67
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruth437
I didn't buy Madden 11, because the Madden team didn't really focus on gameplay and offline franchise. If they don't focus on gameplay and offline franchise, and instead focus on gimmicks for the casual fans, I will not buy madden 12 either.
They didn't? This is news to me.

Old 02-04-2011, 12:04 AM   #68
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
They didn't? This is news to me.
I played Madden 10 for a long time. I played the Madden 11 demo many times. I have watched many videos of people playing Madden 11. The actual gameplay is very similar in my opinion. I know that the Madden team focused on run blocking improvements and locomotion improvements, but I feel if they're focusing on gameplay, I should be able to notice more of a gameplay difference.
Old 02-04-2011, 12:13 AM   #69
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
I played Madden 10 for a long time. I played the Madden 11 demo many times. I have watched many videos of people playing Madden 11. The actual gameplay is very similar in my opinion. I know that the Madden team focused on run blocking improvements and locomotion improvements, but I feel if they're focusing on gameplay, I should be able to notice more of a gameplay difference.
I understand what you are saying and agree to some point, but it's a subjective opionion. Right away, I could tell draw plays worked much better in 11 vs 10 and before and that was a huge improvement for me. The OL blocking was a big difference to me.

Others may disagree as my opinion is subjective as well.

Also, it's not like they focus on just game play.
Old 02-04-2011, 12:14 AM   #70
Rookie

OVR: 3

maybe they will tell us that online scouting is free this year.
Old 02-04-2011, 12:25 AM   #71
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
I can agree that it "looked" the same.

But entirely ripping out the old run blocking code and re-writing it, overhauling the catch animations and implementing sideline/endzone catches, adding locomotion (which was probably just as big a task as the run blocking was, if not bigger), adding the new dual stick controls and changing the kick meter (even if it wasn't what we expected or wanted it to be) were all things they added to the gameplay, not to mention AI tweaks to fix some of Madden 10's problems like the flats being poorly covered.

I don't know how that isn't focusing on gameplay.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2011, 12:57 AM   #72
Rookie

OVR: 0
I to skipped buying 11 but i did it for two reasons. 1st it was obvious that it was going to be similar to 10 it was shocking to me just how little had changed. 2nd The only way EA will really listen is if you speak with your wallets so thats what i did. NCAA 11 turned out to be so good I decided I would alternate titles from year to year so there would be enough changes to warrent a purchase.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »