Home

99 overalls not progressing?

This is a discussion on 99 overalls not progressing? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-13-2011, 10:43 PM   #17
Rookie

bonafied0034's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: 99 overalls not progressing?

I believe those sliders effect how your player's play in simulated games. Not sure how that effects progression though.
Old 02-14-2011, 01:16 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
I would just like to comment that the system that weights the ratings is what is really to blame here.

As an example where I have seen this go to the extreme was Madden 07. In that game, default rookie Vernon Davis was an 86 OVR TE. If you raised his very low run blocking rating up to 63... yes, only 63 run blocking, keeping him far below the top run blockers despite the fact that he is the best run blocking TE in football to day, his OVR rating would shoot up toaround 96 or 97 OVR. He would hit 99 OVR long before he became the top run blocking TE in the game.
Vernon Davis in Madden 11 with latest roster update has an OVR of 97. He achieves that mostly on his blocking skills, catching is like 82-83 and RRG 75! If you try and raise his catching or RRG, he will jump higher in OVR and could go higher than highest rated TE Antonio Gates. Gates gets his OVR from catching and RRG, and Davis gets his from blocking. The interesting thing is Davis caught more passes this season than Gates. Now it's true Gates was injured and only played 10 games, but last season (2009) with both playing 16 games, Gates had 79 receptions and Davis had 78.
Old 02-14-2011, 03:10 PM   #19
Rookie

over9000yards's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonafied0034
I believe those sliders effect how your player's play in simulated games. Not sure how that effects progression though.
Alright, thanks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »