Home

Madden's Current Gen Has Not Been a Success

This is a discussion on Madden's Current Gen Has Not Been a Success within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-09-2011, 05:14 PM   #57
Pro

droopizzle34's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Madden's Current Gen Has Not Been a Success

I'd like to add i dont think it would make a difference if 2k had the exclusive license or EA. Look at baseball, 2K cut out EA,and their baseball game has been horrible. The Show is better,but yet you can CHOOSE between the two. And 2k's online experience is horrible with both the NBA and MLB.. So people would be bashing 2K just as hard,or any company with the exclusive rights. I GUARANTEE if the exclusive license didn't exist you would have alot of happier football gamers out there. Don't like madden? go play 2k and vise versa.As long as this exclusive license exists we will be stuck in NFL football prison with no choice.
Old 02-09-2011, 09:33 PM   #58
On the 15 day DL-blister

voodoo_magic's Arena

OVR: 13
Madden is like that veteran in sports who was once mvp of the league, but now only lives on his past accomplishments thinking they don't need to work in the offseason because they are a star, at least in their minds. The owners (millions of casual gamers) keep paying their salaries.

Things that boggle the mind about this franchise.
2k5 showed what a great football game can be with pretty good gameplay as well as fun to play.
Other sports games show what is possible on next gen.
Other ea sports games show that if pressed ea can make a good game.

Why can't they make a Madden that compares to the quality of other next gen sports games?
With all of the options put into games these days it seems simple enough for a casual gamer who is just looking for a fun game of football to tweak the settings.
Make the game a real simulation and with settings so it can be dumbed down for the casual gamer.

I've given up hope of them making this game like we want, maybe once the ps4/xbox come out something will change.
Old 02-10-2011, 12:12 AM   #59
MVP

OVR: 12
It's the engine that changed. Madden 11 for PS2 is still a great game. If Madden put all their focus on the PS2 engine, Madden would pick up right where it left off with Madden 2005. The sad part is Madden is still making money despite a unworthy product. Madden on 360 / PS3 is not a game like Madden is on PS2. It's more like flipping a coin. In Madden 2005 on PS2, the game felt like a simulation of the sport. You could do the same things that you see in the NFL. Not so much on the 360 / PS3.
Old 02-10-2011, 11:50 AM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by droopizzle34
I'd like to add i dont think it would make a difference if 2k had the exclusive license or EA. Look at baseball, 2K cut out EA,and their baseball game has been horrible. The Show is better,but yet you can CHOOSE between the two. And 2k's online experience is horrible with both the NBA and MLB.. So people would be bashing 2K just as hard,or any company with the exclusive rights. I GUARANTEE if the exclusive license didn't exist you would have alot of happier football gamers out there. Don't like madden? go play 2k and vise versa.As long as this exclusive license exists we will be stuck in NFL football prison with no choice.
amen to that!!!
Old 02-10-2011, 12:16 PM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by simgamer0005
It's the engine that changed. Madden 11 for PS2 is still a great game. If Madden put all their focus on the PS2 engine, Madden would pick up right where it left off with Madden 2005. The sad part is Madden is still making money despite a unworthy product. Madden on 360 / PS3 is not a game like Madden is on PS2. It's more like flipping a coin. In Madden 2005 on PS2, the game felt like a simulation of the sport. You could do the same things that you see in the NFL. Not so much on the 360 / PS3.
agree with this 100%. they need to stop reinventing the wheel when they already have done things well on the PS2. they need to add and build off past success.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2011, 12:16 PM   #62
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by droopizzle34
2K cut out EA,and their baseball game has been horrible. The Show is better,but yet you can CHOOSE between the two..
I'm all for competition, but the above solution doesn't work for everyone. My only option would be to purchase a $400 machine to play The Show. Wife and three teenagers says that is impossible.
Old 02-10-2011, 12:28 PM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 0

I have followed these great forums for a long time and agree with the general disappointment with Madden. It just seems to me there is a disconnect between what those of us on this site believe vs. What is going on in the other "world". The developers do not see what we see or are not instructed to create a game that shares our vision. We think the game is disappointing yet it gets good ratings and the developers feel their game is improving. Perhaps the general gaming public is also satisfied with the product they are getting. I do not think we will ever see real changes that satisfy us when we are looking at the same fruit but one person says it's an orange and the others sees an apple (meaning us vs. Developers/other gamers)
Old 02-10-2011, 12:37 PM   #64
Banned

OVR: 1
v been playing Madden since 1996, I feel I have a love hate relationship with the game now. Im completely blown away at how far it has come and how great it has become, but I'm frustrated with little things with the game that are lacking which could make playing virtual football the ultimate experience. First of all, I love the physics idea, even if this is the only update the producers make this year, this update would Madden unparalleled. If this cant be done, at least add thousands of animations. Seeing the same animations over and over and over and over... makes the games less exciting, predictable and overall just not fun. Next, the whole sack thing drives me insane, its so hard just to get to the quarterback in the first place, and when you finally get there he, just throws it away, even when my player comes from his back. Additionally, defensive stats in franchise mode drive me nuts, obviously the sack stat for reasons already stated. Total tackles needs to be fixed as well. I pride my team on defense, at the end of the year my best player has 46 total tackles, opposed to some players having over 100. Next, ANNOUNCING, please fix this, its just plain boring, I just turn it off for the most part because its that bad. If there is anything that can be done to jazz up the games feel as far as intensity. I love how to can feel the momentum in the game, but I think some things can be done to take it to the next level.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »