Home

To EA and Madden Consumers, Madden Is a Success

This is a discussion on To EA and Madden Consumers, Madden Is a Success within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-11-2011, 08:43 AM   #73
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: To EA and Madden Consumers, Madden Is a Success

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmann7872
If EA wins and consumers lose, then why do consumers keep buying it??? Acording to all of you its because its the only football game on the market. And if that is truly the case then you are all suckers. I will be the first to agree that Gamelow is a gimic and Madden has been more gimic than substance annualy. However, thats because at its core its a good game and EA creates gimics to sell more games...THAT IS THEIR JOB! If you think the game is bad then don't buy it. But what do you do? Buy it every year, just like me. But, I buy it because I don't need gimics to enjoy Madden. It fundementaly is a good football game. As far as competition? How was BackBreaker??? Terrible, Terrible Terrible! But it sits on the shelf next to Madden 9,10,and 11. Because I truly got sucked in to an add campaign that promised revolutionary gameplay but gave me an expirience that couldn't even come close to NFL BLITZ. Arcade style gameplay is not what I want. I don't want basketball on a football field with rediculous WWE tackles. I keep hearing about 2k sports versions of Football 2k8 etc., how did those sell??? Why is Madden a monopoly??? Because 2K could not hold a candle to Madden in any aspect except in graphics. I will admit 2K8 looked better than Madden back then just like BB looks better than Madden today. But you can't put a dress on a pig and tell me its my Prom date! I will gladly agree that Madden is a sucess because its obvious EA has figured out if it aint broke don't fix it. Where as you say it is broke and we as consumers are suckers and keep buying it. I don't agree with this line of thinking...I just don't like to look at one of my favorite websites and read about how I'm a sucker because I enjoy Madden every year. And I have news for those Madden haters that posted above me...I will keep buying it every single year because nobody can compete with EA Sports in Fooball. They have 2 stellar football franchises but yet none of you seem to talk about NCAA when speaking of competition. Because in my opinion the only competiton Madden will ever have is the other football title they put out every single year which, again, I BUY EVERY SINGLE YEAR...but I guess that makes me a sucker!
If you feel like the game is good, then buy the game. No one is crapping on your ability to do so, or your feelings on the game.

I disagree with you on 2k vs Madden, but that is a conversation we would have to take to a different sub-forum.

I think some on this site can be haters at times, but I think, overall, we all just want Madden to be better. We don't hate on it to hate on it, we hate on it because we see potential, and we want the best from a multi-million dollar company.

Backbreaker was good as it was: a tech demo. It didn't have a super-deep gameplay or franchise component, but it's fun to play and the tech works reasonably well. That is also a success, in my eyes.

I can see what you're saying with the "no one can compete with EA Sports in football" comment, but again, I disagree. In 2004, ESPN NFL 2k5 was competing very well with Madden. Then the NFL made its choice to sell its license to one vendor, EA won, and the rest is history.

As a tip, it is considerate to break up long paragraphs of text so that it is easier to read.

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Old 02-12-2011, 12:46 PM   #74
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmann7872
If EA wins and consumers lose, then why do consumers keep buying it??? Acording to all of you its because its the only football game on the market. And if that is truly the case then you are all suckers.
Wow. Seriously? It's the only NFL licensed game out there and people STARVE for one. And you have to ask this question? They overlook the shortcomings and buy the game. End of story. That doesn't mean the game is good. It means that the game is available.
Old 02-12-2011, 01:13 PM   #75
Banned

OVR: 24

Meh, I've moved on. As much as I love football, M10 was the last version I bought/probably gonna buy.

Whenever I get the football itch, I pop in M10, but as soon as I see the Tyree catch, poor O/L blocking, and robo CPU qb, I shelve it yet again.

I know I'm just one guy, and EA won't miss my $60. So I'm not making a statement by not buying anymore. Just how I feel.

As for the article, it's been said over and over------Madden's the only NFL game in town, so of course it'll be deemed a success by some, even with the same issues present year after year....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2011, 02:59 PM   #76
Banned

OVR: 0

Actually, EA does miss your $60. But that only means they're sitting around thinking of new ways to get more DLC money from the folks who will never bail on 'em. If you read any of their ceo's statements, it's all about increasing digital revenue these days for EA.
Old 02-12-2011, 05:59 PM   #77
Rookie

OVR: 1

Every year, the NFL increases in fan size. The NFL this year, might be more popular than it has ever been as the NFL has had record breaking TV ratings this post season.
http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2011/01/...n-post-season/

Every year, there are more and more gamers. For most of us, our parents and grandparents weren't/aren't gamers. But more and more parents are becoming gamers and the gamer generations are getting older. The new generation of kids also plays video games. (this fact should be obvious)

Despite all of this, EA's CEO in 2010 said its sales were discouraging. In an article from Gamespot, it explains they have not been well for several years.
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/spor...ml?sid=6217163

But what about this year? Sales for Madden 11 were down 18% in November compared to Madden 2010's sales by November.
http://www.operationsports.com/news/...-y-in-october/

FYI, I didn't buy Madden 11.

Last edited by lordnate; 02-12-2011 at 06:03 PM.
Old 02-12-2011, 08:41 PM   #78
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
Wow. Seriously? It's the only NFL licensed game out there and people STARVE for one. And you have to ask this question? They overlook the shortcomings and buy the game. End of story. That doesn't mean the game is good. It means that the game is available.

If a person doesn't think that a game will be good, it is 100% on them if they buy the game and don't enjoy it. "The only NFL game in town" reality is not a metaphorical gun to their heads.

As a 360 owner I haven't bought a Pro football or baseball game in three years and didn't buy the last two college basketball games that were release either. I love those sports, and didn't have any other options for my system, but once I determined that each of the versions for that year were not going to be to the standards that I expect, I wasn't going to buy those games anyway and reward those publishers for their mediocrity, just because they have(had) the only games available in those sports genres.

Giving them your money says to the publisher that the game was good enough.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 02-12-2011, 09:13 PM   #79
Banned

OVR: 2
This article should have never been written only reason madden is even selling is because its the only football game available. does anybody remember Gameday,QB Club, NFL Fever,an of course ESPN 2k5. Madden bought the rights cause I guarantee you what happen to NBA Elite would have happen to madden 11
Old 02-12-2011, 11:15 PM   #80
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefs314
This article should have never been written only reason madden is even selling is because its the only football game available. does anybody remember Gameday,QB Club, NFL Fever,an of course ESPN 2k5. Madden bought the rights cause I guarantee you what happen to NBA Elite would have happen to madden 11
Really? Madden was really good back in 05 and you don't know it would of turned into NBA Elite. I can almost guarantee that it wouldn't turn into Elite.

Do you really care where I sent this from?
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »