Home

To EA and Madden Consumers, Madden Is a Success

This is a discussion on To EA and Madden Consumers, Madden Is a Success within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-07-2011, 02:05 PM   #9
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26
But the only number that matters to EA, is sales figures. If people keep buying a subpar product, then they have no incentive to improve. Make the most money while spending the least. Thats business 101 in a capitalist market.
Old 02-07-2011, 02:40 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: To EA and Madden Consumers -- Madden is a Success

Where does the author get that Madden's sales are increasing? Across platforms, Madden used to sell 8 million, now they barely crack 5 million across all platforms. Seems like sales have been on a consistent decline to me.
Old 02-07-2011, 02:44 PM   #11
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61
Yes...there's alot of things I'd like to see better in Madden. Mostly presentation for me.

But you're right...the game is far from terrible.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2011, 02:50 PM   #12
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26
Statum, I would like to see real offensive line logic, and reading the holes actually mattering. not let me get lucky in a a certain animation that lets me break a 4 man gang tackle that I have absolutely no control of. I could care less about presentation, until fundamental football is done right.
Old 02-07-2011, 03:00 PM   #13
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieV
Where does the author get that Madden's sales are increasing? Across platforms, Madden used to sell 8 million, now they barely crack 5 million across all platforms. Seems like sales have been on a consistent decline to me.
If you find a reliable source with those numbers, I'd be happy to look at them. But from EA's earning's reports and NPD numbers -- Madden has seen sales growth most every 'season'. You can't say that Madden has sold over 8 million units in the past and not provide a source of where you got them -- and if you say VGChartz then just remember they are probably the most unreliable source you could quote. But even there, Madden sold nearly 8 million units total LAST year.
Old 02-07-2011, 03:01 PM   #14
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Eh, I don't consider Madden sales slumping 18% one month a success.
That was a Y-O-Y figure. Totals sales are probably going to end up roughly flat to slightly down. Saying Madden didn't sell well one month and saying it's a failure is roughly equivalent to saying an NFL team has had a bad season for losing two weeks in a row, even though it appears they're playoff bound.
Old 02-07-2011, 03:11 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: To EA and Madden Consumers, Madden Is a Success

I hate when people come on here and bitch and moan about how terrible a game is but I feel passionatley that Madden is just not a good game, or a fun game for that matter. I judge sucess on the other sports titles that are out and how well they represent the sport - The Show is a sucess, it captures the intricacies and the subtelties of the game - it is about attention to detail . .. .nba2k - another phenomonal sports title - madden is not even in the same ball park as these games, pun intended.

I will not buy another madden until the entire game engine is overhauled - because for me it is completely missing, from the way the players move to the core gameplay mechanics - it feels off and it's not even enjoyable. Sucess? with the technology available to them and the other sports titles I mentioned - I would say mediocrity is how I would describe Madden, and that's more credit than I should probably give this disgrace of a football game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2011, 03:13 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: To EA and Madden Consumers, Madden Is a Success

Well, I guess if you found a way to legally cripple all of its competition the geo metro could be the most successful race car of all time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »