Home

madden needs the cpu owners n a frachise to make and propose trades

This is a discussion on madden needs the cpu owners n a frachise to make and propose trades within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-07-2011, 02:59 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
madden needs the cpu owners n a frachise to make and propose trades

i like in nba 2k franchise the cpu sometimes trades with other cpu teams and proposes trades for decent players the user shuodnt b the only team in the offline franchise trading players
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2011, 07:11 PM   #2
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16
Agree with you whole heartedly. On a side note please proofread before submitting for courtesy of the people who visit this forum. They will take your topic more seriously and you might get more responses.

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...
Old 02-07-2011, 08:54 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: madden needs the cpu owners n a frachise to make and propose trades

I 2nd that, I cant stand seeing good players on cpu controlled teams rot! all because the cpu cant trade them or is waiting for their contract to be up AND EVEN THEN THEY RESIGN THEM BECAUSE OF THEIR HIGH OVERALL

for example, in my chise tebow has been sitting behind orton since his rookie year AND ITS YEAR 5!!!! so since he isnt being used his skills start to decrease while carolina has still failed to find a decent qb and still producing losing seasons

Edit: and i know controlling all 32 teams can kill that but it also kills the only effective trading the cpu does which is in the draft

Last edited by Hailtodemskins; 02-07-2011 at 08:57 PM.
Old 02-09-2011, 05:17 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 36

The NFL in Madden's offline franchise mode since the jump to next-gen has been a glorified one team field trip to 16 stadiums, and up to 4 more in the playoffs. Point blank, that's what it is. What we want is the league to feel as if we are 1/32nd of the entire puzzle, not 90% of it.

This means:

-CPU AI needs serious improvement (benching/starting players, cap management, roster management, and trades to name a few)

-CPU needs to initiate trade talks with User AND CPU teams alike.

-We need a mailbox as the "owner" of a team a la The Show/2K11 where we can see:

A) Rumors of possible trades/cuts (with quicklink to trading block)

B) Any previously completed deals involving any teams in the league

C) A waiver wire. You have the opportunity to make a claim on a player, the team with the worst record receives the cut player.

D) Assorted leaguewide messages sent from NFL's commissioner, a coach, a coach on a different team, a player (complaining about playing time, or thanking us for signing them, etc)...so many different ideas.

There needs to be an extremely active ticker that goes in depth about the league happenings. Ideally, it would work like ESPN's ticker. It could look like this:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
THE LATEST|SCHEDULE|RUMORS|CUTS|TRADES|SIGNINGS|DRAFT| FREE AGENCY
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Obviously the last two could appear at Week 15 or so, where it gives a rundown of who has each pick. There is ALWAYS something happening in the NFL. In the Latest, they could show any great game stats or upcoming records, as well as some made up "news" blurbs that occasionally make their way in.

"Brandon Marshall caught 15 passes for 220 yards vs. Dallas in a 31-3 victory for Miami"

"Tony Romo has gone on record stating he always wanted to work in construction after his NFL career"

See what I mean? lol.

Schedule could just have last weeks scores, and the current week's schedule.
Rumors can be made up, that's why they are rumors.

"DeSean Jackson is unhappy with his current contract, and hopes to address the issue soon."

"Donovan McNabb has been contemplating retirement if he is benched again."

"Could the Vikings be looking to trade WR Sidney Rice before the deadline?"

..ANYTHING to give Franchise some personality. As it stands now, I control the Eagles, and try to handicap myself with strict rules in order to prevent my dominance in the league. I want every single time I load up the mode, I feel a "I have no idea what will happen this time" thing.
Old 02-09-2011, 11:46 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 39

Especially in the Draft and on draft days there needs to be more.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2011, 11:02 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 6

I agree because i love the NBA 2k11 trade system.
But you have to look at what the NFL trades that happen look like.
Rarely if ever is there a player for player trade, you might trade a disgruntled player or terrible players but you will not see a good QB traded for other players.
almost all trades are draft picks for players.
Old 02-11-2011, 12:39 AM   #7
Rookie

Boling4Humor's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFitsDaveyJ
The NFL in Madden's offline franchise mode since the jump to next-gen has been a glorified one team field trip to 16 stadiums, and up to 4 more in the playoffs. Point blank, that's what it is. What we want is the league to feel as if we are 1/32nd of the entire puzzle, not 90% of it.

This means:

-CPU AI needs serious improvement (benching/starting players, cap management, roster management, and trades to name a few)

-CPU needs to initiate trade talks with User AND CPU teams alike.

-We need a mailbox as the "owner" of a team a la The Show/2K11 where we can see:

A) Rumors of possible trades/cuts (with quicklink to trading block)

B) Any previously completed deals involving any teams in the league

C) A waiver wire. You have the opportunity to make a claim on a player, the team with the worst record receives the cut player.

D) Assorted leaguewide messages sent from NFL's commissioner, a coach, a coach on a different team, a player (complaining about playing time, or thanking us for signing them, etc)...so many different ideas.

There needs to be an extremely active ticker that goes in depth about the league happenings. Ideally, it would work like ESPN's ticker. It could look like this:

THE LATEST|SCHEDULE|RUMORS|CUTS|TRADES|SIGNINGS|DRAFT| FREE AGENCY

Obviously the last two could appear at Week 15 or so, where it gives a rundown of who has each pick. There is ALWAYS something happening in the NFL. In the Latest, they could show any great game stats or upcoming records, as well as some made up "news" blurbs that occasionally make their way in.

"Brandon Marshall caught 15 passes for 220 yards vs. Dallas in a 31-3 victory for Miami"

"Tony Romo has gone on record stating he always wanted to work in construction after his NFL career"

See what I mean? lol.

Schedule could just have last weeks scores, and the current week's schedule.
Rumors can be made up, that's why they are rumors.

"DeSean Jackson is unhappy with his current contract, and hopes to address the issue soon."

"Donovan McNabb has been contemplating retirement if he is benched again."

"Could the Vikings be looking to trade WR Sidney Rice before the deadline?"

..ANYTHING to give Franchise some personality. As it stands now, I control the Eagles, and try to handicap myself with strict rules in order to prevent my dominance in the league. I want every single time I load up the mode, I feel a "I have no idea what will happen this time" thing.
Totally diggin' this idea Davey. If they even put a tiny bit of what you said into this game, i'll buy it. On a seperate note...what are some of the house rules you enforce into your Madden Franchise? I havent touched Franchise for almost 3 months until a week ago. I'm 5-1 and losing interest again.
Old 02-11-2011, 05:45 AM   #8
Pro

D-MAC©®'s Arena

OVR: 4

I don't see why Madden doesn't look to NHL 11 for franchise tips.
(NHL)I like how teams trade with 1 another whether it be good trades on not, it's nice to see comp interaction.
When I have a "star player" on the block I get so many bites during draft day. It's almost annoying how much interest I get for some players.
But I use this to my advantage, I usually decline & use that trade request to make my own with another team.

The waiver wire is a good thing too.
I picked up Ondrej Pavelec, even tho I have Luongo.
I just couldn't pass on the this chance. Almost 10 years younger & only a few point lower. After a year in the minors he's almost equal to Lou in every rating.

Back on topic:
Ever since EA bought out 2K5 the franchise has gone down hill. They've made small improvements but not on the scale I'd expect on the "next/current gen" platforms.

IMO if the put more $$$ into development, & less into marketing we might possibly see a better game.
There's really no need to market this game since it's the only football game on the market.
People know when the next Madden is going to drop & will rush to get it regardless of how much $$$ EA puts into marketing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »