Home

Will madden ever change their tackling engine?

This is a discussion on Will madden ever change their tackling engine? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-29-2011, 10:01 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Will madden ever change their tackling engine?

I was thinking it was going to be next gen but it seems next gen is 5 years away and I really think they need to update their engine and I was thinking they could use Morpheme it is made by NaturalMotion but it is not like euphoria it is still canned and I think this could really fix most of the morphing, clipping problems in madden. So what u guys think is it possible they use???

PS I think EA has already licensed it so why not?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2011, 09:52 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: Will madden ever change their tackling engine?

The one thing they definitely need to fix with the tackling, is to allow the user controlled player to get in on the tackle. I'm sick and tired of coming up to make the hit, and because I'm the 2nd or 3rd player getting in on the tackle, my player just deflects off of the play.
Old 01-31-2011, 01:31 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 15

Sadly, I don't think they'll fix the tackling for Madden 12 or 13, maybe not for a while because they said Madden 10 was the year where they focused on tackling with pro-tak. In my opinion, pro-tak is a huge failure as far as tackling goes because, like everyone else has said, you cannot interact with any tackling animations. It seems like in past Madden versions you could interact with the tackles, but since pro-tak has been implemented this problem of bouncing off and being unable to interact has been VERY prevalent.
Old 01-31-2011, 08:30 AM   #4
MVP

baseballsim's Arena

OVR: 6

Nothing wrong with tackling
Old 01-31-2011, 08:54 AM   #5
Observer

guaps's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerwr38
Sadly, I don't think they'll fix the tackling for Madden 12 or 13, maybe not for a while because they said Madden 10 was the year where they focused on tackling with pro-tak. In my opinion, pro-tak is a huge failure as far as tackling goes because, like everyone else has said, you cannot interact with any tackling animations. It seems like in past Madden versions you could interact with the tackles, but since pro-tak has been implemented this problem of bouncing off and being unable to interact has been VERY prevalent.
Agreed!

I tried Madden 09 recently and I actually enjoyed it more than both 10 and 11. Maybe it was just nostalgia, but the game preformed more consistently in many areas (including tackles) in my opinion. Still I'm hopeful that tackles will be fixed in Madden in the near future, but am not expecting too much until we get new consoles and a new Madden gameplay engine.

Last edited by guaps; 01-31-2011 at 02:51 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2011, 09:07 AM   #6
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlboy82
The one thing they definitely need to fix with the tackling, is to allow the user controlled player to get in on the tackle. I'm sick and tired of coming up to make the hit, and because I'm the 2nd or 3rd player getting in on the tackle, my player just deflects off of the play.
Yeah, I hate how you sort of bounce off and cant "join in" on the tackle like CPU players can.

Like if I am holding onto the ball carriers shoulders trying to bring a guy down, CPU controlled guys on my team will join in on the tackle and take down the guy with me. But if I try and join in with one of my guys grabbing at a ballcarrier I simply deflect off while the animation plays out...

Its so bad I dont even attempt to join in on tackles anymore, I just stand-by in case the callcarrier breaks off the tackle, that way Im there to take him down instead of laying on the ground after being magically deflected off.

Oh and the poster who said "nothing wrong with tackling".... Seriously?... Being that at times in this game you cant tackle when attempting tackles, I wouldn't say there is nothing wrong with tackling... call me crazy...
Old 01-31-2011, 09:17 AM   #7
Observer

guaps's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpkpkp
Its so bad I dont even attempt to join in on tackles anymore, I just stand-by in case the callcarrier breaks off the tackle, that way Im there to take him down instead of laying on the ground after being magically deflected off.
Everything you see on sundays, right? Even though Chris Cooley did mention that he though Vick played like a Madden quarterback in week 10 when they crushed the Redskins. Personally I'd prefer that Madden quarterbacks played like their real counterparts and not the other way around

Lots of things needs to be fixed for the future installments of Madden - tackling, passing, route running, defense and interactions between OLINE and DLINE being the most pressing, but I don't see EA putting in the money/effort until they can start working on a new engine.

Last edited by guaps; 01-31-2011 at 09:19 AM.
Old 01-31-2011, 10:12 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by guaps
Lots of things needs to be fixed for the future installments of Madden - tackling, passing, route running, defense and interactions between OLINE and DLINE being the most pressing, but I don't see EA putting in the money/effort until they can start working on a new engine.
I agree with everything you said.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »