Home

attention plasma owners

This is a discussion on attention plasma owners within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 09:28 PM   #1
Banned

Pringles's Arena

OVR: 9
attention plasma owners

just thought i would throw this out there i recently bought a panasonic 3D Plasma i hooked my 360 X-BOX to it and the very first day of hooking it
i had a ghost image of madden 2011 banner that displays game info that runs across the bottom of your screen with the big circle that says EA Sports.

after calling the place that i got the T.V from they told me the set would correct itself and that it was normal image retention. i guess it is called ghost imaging.
well i waited almost 2 months and the image never went away i re called my salesman and they were gracious enough to replace the T.V. I then asked
what could i do to not have this happen again i was told to run my T.V for 2 weeks before playing games on it.

that did not go over well with me 2 weeks i made the mistake of asking the sales man with my wife there lol so now she wont let me play at all.
i thought i would put this info out there so that others would not make the mistake of running E.A Sports games on there plasma if there brand new sets
nobody deserves burnt in image from a video game it also made me think
why does that banner need to be constant why can they not make it fade out once the ball is hiked and fade back in once the play is over ? any thoughts to that. ?

also i guess this is not a problem with LED OR LCD TV so maybe it is best to buy one of those when considering video game playback. im sure others may have many thoughts and i am only going on what i was told seems kind of silly that a new tv would do this but i do know that when it comes to madden overlays they do not have to be constant durring the whole game having them fadde in and out would be a simple and easy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2011, 02:55 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: attention plasma owners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pringles
just thought i would throw this out there i recently bought a panasonic 3D Plasma i hooked my 360 X-BOX to it and the very first day of hooking it
i had a ghost image of madden 2011 banner that displays game info that runs across the bottom of your screen with the big circle that says EA Sports.

after calling the place that i got the T.V from they told me the set would correct itself and that it was normal image retention. i guess it is called ghost imaging.
well i waited almost 2 months and the image never went away i re called my salesman and they were gracious enough to replace the T.V. I then asked
what could i do to not have this happen again i was told to run my T.V for 2 weeks before playing games on it.

that did not go over well with me 2 weeks i made the mistake of asking the sales man with my wife there lol so now she wont let me play at all.
i thought i would put this info out there so that others would not make the mistake of running E.A Sports games on there plasma if there brand new sets
nobody deserves burnt in image from a video game it also made me think
why does that banner need to be constant why can they not make it fade out once the ball is hiked and fade back in once the play is over ? any thoughts to that. ?

also i guess this is not a problem with LED OR LCD TV so maybe it is best to buy one of those when considering video game playback. im sure others may have many thoughts and i am only going on what i was told seems kind of silly that a new tv would do this but i do know that when it comes to madden overlays they do not have to be constant durring the whole game having them fadde in and out would be a simple and easy.
I have a 50' plasma screen and my plasma has a feature where the screen shifts over one pixel every 5 minutes... preventing burn in. WARNING: if you play video games and want to get a plasma LOOK FOR A SCREEN WIPE FEATURE ON THE TV!! This is very important. Video games are beautiful on plasmas. Make sure though your TV has a feature that enable the screen shift. If this feature is disabled on your plasma change the setting NOW!!!
Old 02-09-2011, 03:50 AM   #3
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Unless I am mistaken, aren't LCD "the best?" I don't know the details, but my understanding was that plasma was cheaper/easier to make at really large sizes, but LCD was still better, you just had to pay out the nose for each inch after like 46" or 50" or something? Oh well, I have really enjoyed my 42" LCD since the day I got it
Old 02-09-2011, 06:59 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
Unless I am mistaken, aren't LCD "the best?" I don't know the details, but my understanding was that plasma was cheaper/easier to make at really large sizes, but LCD was still better, you just had to pay out the nose for each inch after like 46" or 50" or something? Oh well, I have really enjoyed my 42" LCD since the day I got it
i worked for the best buy magnolia section (the high end products of best buy home theater).. so ill give u a basic insight

lcd- bright picture, not too good at the black levels (which gives u more of a realistic picture), lasts bout 100,000 hours.
led- bright picture, much better with black levels, usues bout half the amt of energy, supposedly lasts longer (120,000 hours)
plasma- not too bright, best at the black levels, best refresh rate (reduces motion blur), lasts bout 100,000 hours

so... to answer ur question, its all in ur own opinion. ever heard the saying "beauty is in the eye of the beholder"? when shopping, pick what looks best to u. any other questions regarding tvs/audio/cables, feel free to PM me.
Old 02-09-2011, 09:59 AM   #5
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyvoodoo
I have a 50' plasma screen and my plasma has a feature where the screen shifts over one pixel every 5 minutes... preventing burn in. WARNING: if you play video games and want to get a plasma LOOK FOR A SCREEN WIPE FEATURE ON THE TV!! This is very important. Video games are beautiful on plasmas. Make sure though your TV has a feature that enable the screen shift. If this feature is disabled on your plasma change the setting NOW!!!
My wipe feature works great. Pixel Shift is a joke, which is why I know the wipe feature works so well.
Old 02-09-2011, 10:19 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34

All the answers are in this thread http://www.operationsports.com/forum...lasma-lcd.html
Old 02-12-2011, 10:56 PM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
Oh it's true LCD is probably the best, but if you want the biggest size for the cheapest price, then its plasma.. The newer plasmas being made now have features that prevent burn it because of the popularity of video games to HD consumers.. The reason why I choose a plasma was because of the size, the price, and I believe IGN said the monitors they use to play all their games on are plasmas, and they said the newer plasmas are built now for long use and video games. I want to get a smaller 40 incher for the bedroom
Old 02-12-2011, 11:08 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
My wipe feature works great. Pixel Shift is a joke, which is why I know the wipe feature works so well.
Unless you don't blink for 5 minutes, you would not even notice the picture shift....
It works in the blink of an eye, I noticed it by accident quite a few times so I know it works and I rarely wipe the screen and have no burn in. I had the TV for almost 5 years....
100,000 hours/8 hours a day=12.500 days/365 days a year=34 year TV life.... not bad at all...

ben
voodoo
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »