Home

idea for analog based passing

This is a discussion on idea for analog based passing within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 02-13-2011, 03:05 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: idea for analog based passing

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinSainn
Basically, it would go like this, you hike the ball then hit X which will highlight your "hot" reciever, hit X again and your primary reciever is highlighted, continue with this to simulate a QB going through his progression.
And you really think you will get to the second, let alone third receiver before your QB goes down, let alone actually get off a throw? Won't work, the way things are, the most limiting factor with QB play as the time the player needs to make up his mind and take in the field, if you add even more time to that needed to actually execute your system simply isn't practical.

And we're not talking about a little time here, the most most simple "Okay, I've got two quick slants, if one of them gets any kind of inside release and doesn't run into a hook zone I'll throw it there, otherwise I'll dump it off to the TE or RB" that can be hard enough to pull off with madden as it is if they get someone in unblocked will take 5+ seconds minimum with your system to pull off, any kind of pass rush will kill you before you can go through a progression like that with your system.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »