Home

Does EA have the technology to let us watch film?

This is a discussion on Does EA have the technology to let us watch film? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-11-2011, 03:51 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
Does EA have the technology to let us watch film?

Some examples of what I mean...

1. Watch Online Franchise games live
2. Watch Online Franchise games on recording
3. Watch our own games on recording
4. Watch cut ups of user or opponent plays in specific situation (3rd down, 1st and 10, 2nd and long, 2nd and short, etc etc etc).

Basically the same way NFL teams watch film.

Also they should atleast have this as an option for the rookie draft (offline). Instead of getting a chart of the skills, we have to watch film of the player (maybe 10 plays) and generate our own grade for the player.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2011, 04:38 PM   #2
Rookie

falconfansince81's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Does EA have the technology to let us watch film?

not sure, but the potential to make online franchise perhaps the most addicting and innovative feature to grace sports gaming (online) lies within those above suggestions. just a matter of how much ea would want to invest in doing so...the answers right there. it'd be a hell of a start anyways, then comes a real contract/salary cap option for m13.
Old 02-11-2011, 04:44 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorrinRadd12
Some examples of what I mean...

1. Watch Online Franchise games live
2. Watch Online Franchise games on recording
3. Watch our own games on recording
4. Watch cut ups of user or opponent plays in specific situation (3rd down, 1st and 10, 2nd and long, 2nd and short, etc etc etc).

Basically the same way NFL teams watch film.

Also they should atleast have this as an option for the rookie draft (offline). Instead of getting a chart of the skills, we have to watch film of the player (maybe 10 plays) and generate our own grade for the player.
If they do, do you have the football knowledge to make the proper coaching adjustments? I do and maybe you do too but I'd be willing to bet that the majority of gamers do have enough football knowledge to do so. Meaning it would be a waste of resources. As much as it would be nice I think it's a pipe dream.
Old 02-11-2011, 05:53 PM   #4
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Strange I was going to ask the same question. I play Black ops and the servers record your last 100 matches.

I was wondering if EA can do the same with Madden. At least record your very last match. Whether it is a simple ranked game or franchise game.

That would be a great addition.
Old 02-11-2011, 06:09 PM   #5
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

This would be useful in online leagues. I used to record and edit my games in a league I was in and post them on youtube. The other guys would watch them to see what an opponent likes to do, or just to see how a game played out. It also came in handy when there where disputes on whether or not a league rule was broken.

If it was done like the Black ops version, it would be a great feature. Problem is, EA would be creating a quick and easy way for the youtube critics to make their videos showcasing all the games flaws. After NBA Live's "half-court jesus", I'm not sure this is something the team would want to open themselves up to.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2011, 11:31 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 11

As they are unable to let us even watch a replay of the last full play for whatever reason (yeah, seeing that RB run down 50 yards of the field untouched is so much more interesting than watching him break three tackles at the LoS...), somehow I seriously doubt they'll let us watch hours and hours of games suddenly.
Old 02-12-2011, 12:48 AM   #7
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
Strange I was going to ask the same question. I play Black ops and the servers record your last 100 matches.

I was wondering if EA can do the same with Madden. At least record your very last match. Whether it is a simple ranked game or franchise game.

That would be a great addition.
Bungie's theater mode for Halo 3 was a massive undertaking. It took Activision some time to "copy it" for the CoD franchise. While I wish all my online games had this, I understand why they do not. In the war over resources, I want EA to focus on making madden a better simulation of football. There is so much more work to be done, I would actually be upset if they spent time working on something like this instead.

In the world of FPS games, Halo and CoD are already "great games." While I did not enjoy black ops nearly as much as CoD 4 or MW2, a lot of that had to do with the core design decisions by Treyarch in opposition to Infinity Ward. Class design, weapon balance, etc.
Old 02-12-2011, 11:34 PM   #8
MVP

baseballsim's Arena

OVR: 6

Is this Mike Singletary? jk

You might be interested in the HD Pvr.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »