Home

Customization is King....What Would You Like to Customize?

This is a discussion on Customization is King....What Would You Like to Customize? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 02-13-2011, 07:16 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Customization is King....What Would You Like to Customize?

1. In depth playbook customization (as has already been stated several times in this thread)

2. More in depth depth chart (poorly worded, but you got what I meant). Examples:

A. I should be able to set players to have certain roles that dictate what scenarios they will generally play in. On the Patriots, if its an obvious running down I want Spikes playing alongside Mayo, and on passing downs I want Guyton. On short yardage plays I want Green-Ellis, and on draws, outside runs, and passing plays I want Woodhead. On running plays I probably want Crumpler or Gronkowski, but out of the shotgun I want Hernandez.

B. I should be allowed to decide who plays on special teams. I want a long snapper position, I want to decide who holds the snap, and I want to decide who plays on kickoff and punt coverage. I'm sick of seeing 35+ year old veterans doing kickoff coverage every game, and I'm also sick of seeing non-special team TE's and WR's doing kickoff coverage. I want my young, fast defensive players (and certain offensive players like Slater) on this coverage, and I want to decide which players line up in each spot.

C. There should be some way to differentiate different variations of positions to make the depth chart more functional. For example, slot receivers and outside receivers don't really play the same position. If Brandon Tate (who I have as WR#1 on the depth chart because of his skill set and how he fits in with the NE playbook as Moss's replacement) gets injured, I do not want the default replacement to be Wes Welker. Wes Welker does not run streaks all day, he catches screens and short passes and gets YAC. 3-4 lineman and linebackers are not the same as 4-3 lineman and linebackers. Cornerbacks who play fantastic man-to-man defense and average zone defense should not play in schemes which rely heavily on the zone.

These are not necessarily all customization, but they are all franchise-related gripes that I would like to be able to customize. I also wouldn't mind a true uniform editor, or a way to relocate teams but still keep the uniforms and logos in addition to being able to make new ones in addition to the old.
Old 02-13-2011, 07:47 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 4

- CUSTOM STADIUM SOUNDS- literally every other sports game on the market has this feature. The fact that Madden does not is kind of a joke to be honest.

- EDITABLE HEAD COACHES- Every year 1 or 2 coaches get fired before the seasons completion. I want the ability to reflect this change with Edit a coach. I don't care if the create-a coach face models wouldn't be as good as the fully scanned head coach models, I still want the ability to do this. Also I'm sick of the whole generic coach in the place of Bill Belichek every year. I know EA can't legally put his likeness or name in the game but they should give the player the ability to edit the coach to his liking so that we can.

- CREATE A PLAY to go along with create a playbook and I want the ability to take the playbook and plays ONLINE or else whats the point?

-EDIT PLAYERS ABILITIES, NAMES IN FRANCHISE- especially offline.
Old 02-13-2011, 08:53 PM   #19
Pro

BearClaw's Arena

OVR: 9

I'd love to customize the NFL licensing agreement and remove it's exclusivity...

All kidding aside I'd like full ratings customization in franchise mode.
Old 02-13-2011, 09:47 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.

All responses should've been along the lines of "everything" there you go.
Old 02-13-2011, 11:22 PM   #21
Banned

FootballDetails's Arena

OVR: 30

My two favorite custom-related features that would make Madden 12 instantly shine:

Custom Playbooks
Custom Stadium Sounds

I get excited thinking about it. (Probably too excited.)

I think MUT will have Team Builder this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2011, 11:25 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 2

One that's not mentioned is injuries. I would like to have the ability to have 3-5 guys in a franchise that do not get long term or season ending injuries. Be able to pick franchise favorites or something. Short term injuries (in a game or 1-2 weeks) for certain players would be cool and still keep a sense of realism.

I love that you can have the injuries to anyone at any time, but in a sense, I am playing a simulation and certain players I am trying to get stats over a season/career. I have lost key players first game for the season for 8-9 weeks or even season ending. I have seen players have career ending injuries on other teams. I like the realism and how it can change your team, ability to compete, etc, so turning off injuries is not an option.

The franchise depth is already pretty weak and about the only value playing long term in a franchise is trying to get specific players into the HoF. There is obviously much more important things already stated, but this can be added to the list.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »