Home

Overtime rules question.

This is a discussion on Overtime rules question. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2011, 12:36 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 9
Overtime rules question.

So I started a Jets franchise last night, and in the first game vs Baltimore we go to overtime. The crowd is dead silent as I won the coin toss, which I thought was wierd seeing how I was the home team, but whatever. So as the Ravens go to kick off to start OT, I hear Gus and Collinsworth talk about the new OT rules, and how its basically the first team to 6 points to win the game. I manage to get a 1st & Goal on the 1 and it goes like this:
1st Down:LT run loss of 3
2nd Down:Sanchez scramble gain 3
3rd Down:LT run loss of 1
I end up settling for the field goal, then I hear Gus yelling about how I just won the game, but I think he's wrong because I get the usual field goal celebration cutscene, and Gus is always wrong. I'm ready to win the game with a defensive stop but the game cuts to the coaches shaking hands and the game is really over.
So my question is: Was this a glitch, or is the new OT not in the game but new OT commentary is?

Last edited by nyj721; 02-13-2011 at 12:38 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2011, 12:38 PM   #2

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Overtime rules question.

The new OT rules only apply in the playoffs.
Old 02-13-2011, 12:40 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: Overtime rules question.

Ok i see. It was pretty stupid to put the commentary lines in a regular season game then.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »