Home

Best pass D ever?

This is a discussion on Best pass D ever? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 02-14-2011, 10:07 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 6
Best pass D ever?

Just started a new franchise. I'm trying to make the best pass defense ever. I figure if I can play cover 0 man every single play and blitz 7, they won't be able to run OR pass. Just wondering if anyone has ever done this, and what were the results? Here's what I have in season 2 for my starting DBs (I play 46 speed):

Revis
Patrick Peterson
Vontae Davis
Prince Amukamara
Antonio Cromartie
Kyle Wilson

All of them are shutdown CBs and STILL have lots of room to grow.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2011, 10:26 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Best pass D ever?

Personally I try to never blitz seven, it's too easy to torch you with a screen/HB dumpoff pass on that, but other than that, yeah, looks like a damn impressive secondary to me. Best I got so far were Finnegan and Davis on CB with a fantasy draft, Wilson as Nickel, my opponents #1 and 2 WRs almost never got more than 2 to 3 catches a game.
Old 02-14-2011, 11:52 AM   #3
Banned

Yeah, that's true. But I play offline franchise, so the CPU doesn't abuse plays like users. My sliders are good, just sometimes the human AI makes stupid plays, like trying to go for a ridiculous pick 6 and getting burned for a TD...
Old 02-14-2011, 12:05 PM   #4
MVP

Yeah, especially defensive playcalling sometimes can be really bad, they blitz seven way too often and if you anticipate it, you can easily beat them deep almost every time.
Old 02-14-2011, 12:41 PM   #5
Banned

No, the HUMAN AI. Like I have Revis on my team and he always gets burned for the TD cause he tries to go for RIDICULOUS pick 6s...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2011, 01:09 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 8

I prefer when defenses blitz than when they force me to be patient. A 7-man blitz would make for some easy completions against an offense designed to burn blitzes...

In essence... There is no 'best pass D'

It all depends on your opponent... Against the CPU and rookies you might get away with rushing 7 every down. Against humans, you better have something else up your sleeve.

Later
Old 02-14-2011, 01:37 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhhs63
No, the HUMAN AI. Like I have Revis on my team and he always gets burned for the TD cause he tries to go for RIDICULOUS pick 6s...
Okay yes I had that too, but not that often. I'd really love for them to include the NCAAs "tactics" sliders in 12, where you can set whether your corners play conservatively or go for picks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »