Home

EA/NFL Extend NFL Exclusive License by One Year to 2013

This is a discussion on EA/NFL Extend NFL Exclusive License by One Year to 2013 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-14-2011, 08:58 PM   #73
Banned

FootballDetails's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: EA/NFL Extend NFL Exclusive License by One Year to 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFitsDaveyJ
Exactly. Just an extra year.

Until they extend the deal again.
Old 02-14-2011, 09:01 PM   #74
Banned

OVR: 7

I for one do not understand the hate on Madden. Any game that is out for more then 2 decades is going to get some people angry of the games development.

Madden series has been a staple of gaming and is not going to stop.

Anybody who thinks that if 2K was to make 2K12 that it will outsell Madden 12 is not thinking straight.

I love Madden. Is it perfect? Noooo

But it is not to the point that some of you think it is. I also still play 2K5 and that is far far from perfect.

EA is making a killing with Madden and so is the NFL. They are doing what any smart company would do. Make money

If Madden was such a bad game then it would not sell and EA would have to give up the license. But Madden is far from terrible and it sells big time even with its drop in sales. It is going to take a lot more bad years of sales for Madden to lose the license.

2K can't compete with EA when it comes to money. And the NFL loves money
Old 02-14-2011, 09:04 PM   #75
MVP

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Details
Until they extend the deal again.
Well, if that happens (long term extension)...Yes, then I will be livid. I'm not willing to nail the coffin of Madden yet, it really and truly hinges on this year. Year 3 in the NFL is when you can begin to accurately assess a draft class, well here's year 3 for the current group of Madden devs. Make or break for me here.

re:Giants4Natic-

I didn't want to quote your whole post, but I may have a little insight past the "IT SUX" portion of the angry comments. To me, back in the mid 00s when Madden was perceived to be at it's "prime" on PS2, obviously it had competition but that's not the point I'm after. Let's just use Madden 05 as an example. Madden 05 was a beautiful game. It had tons of depth, customization, mass replay value, and other mini modes to keep the user interested beyond a play now game. Madden didn't need to pimp out it's name for commercial time, because it was a GREAT game that did more than just "stand out" ...It was THE sports game for it's time (the "other" game not withstanding, but that's a different topic for a different time). All I'm getting at, is that buyers now are paying more money for less product than a game that was released seven years ago this August. They (and to some extent, I) am frustrated because Madden is selling more now because they buy more airtime through media to advertise it...Which wouldn't be a problem to the "hardcore gamer" minus that the airtime is geared to a casual crowd (because they're alienating the people who want nothing more than to love this game) by continually not adding back the features (and improving/adding new ones) that were so enjoyable in previous versions for those who are interested to enjoy.

Just my .02, sorry for the paragraph sentence at the end.

Last edited by RedZoneD25; 02-14-2011 at 09:40 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2011, 09:10 PM   #76
Dog
aka jnes12/JNes__

Dog's Arena

OVR: 60

Can't say I agree with it, but not because of the quality of the game. It would be nice to have a variety.

Old 02-14-2011, 09:12 PM   #77
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giants4Natic
I for one do not understand the hate on Madden. Any game that is out for more then 2 decades is going to get some people angry of the games development.

Madden series has been a staple of gaming and is not going to stop.

Anybody who thinks that if 2K was to make 2K12 that it will outsell Madden 12 is not thinking straight.

I love Madden. Is it perfect? Noooo

But it is not to the point that some of you think it is. I also still play 2K5 and that is far far from perfect.

EA is making a killing with Madden and so is the NFL. They are doing what any smart company would do. Make money

If Madden was such a bad game then it would not sell and EA would have to give up the license. But Madden is far from terrible and it sells big time even with its drop in sales. It is going to take a lot more bad years of sales for Madden to lose the license.

2K can't compete with EA when it comes to money. And the NFL loves money
That's all fine and dandy, and if you love Madden thats great. I don't hate Madden, but for the love of all that is holy.....give me a damn choice!! If 2k had purchased the exclusive license for this long, I would probably feel the same towards them.

I'm not tired of Madden, I'm tired of only 1 damn choice.
Old 02-14-2011, 09:13 PM   #78
Rookie

OVR: 6

This license is EA's until they go out of business.

We will never have an NFL licensed game made by another company again.

Time to face facts people, this is profitable for both the NFL and EA.
Old 02-14-2011, 09:16 PM   #79
Pro

delija66's Arena

OVR: 7
horrible news...
Old 02-14-2011, 09:16 PM   #80
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
That's all fine and dandy, and if you love Madden thats great. I don't hate Madden, but for the love of all that is holy.....give me a damn choice!! If 2k had purchased the exclusive license for this long, I would probably feel the same towards them.

I'm not tired of Madden, I'm tired of only 1 damn choice.
EXACTLY. If there were two or three football games I'd buy them all. Madden is too sterile this gen, I thought other games were too sterile last gen...but theres' room in my ps3 for any good sports game

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »