Home

EA/NFL Extend NFL Exclusive License by One Year to 2013

This is a discussion on EA/NFL Extend NFL Exclusive License by One Year to 2013 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-14-2011, 08:14 PM   #57
Play With Integrity

HARTSTOPPER's Arena

OVR: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr janny
Does competition really inspire change? Look at other gaming franchises. There are tons of options out there in the FPS genre, yet the top dog is Call of Duty, a series that has changed very little from year to year. There's a whole lot of speculation going on in this thread, but most of it is ill informed hyperbole.
I'm not so sure about Call of Duty being top dog. On PS3, I could understand, but on 360, I have a hard time believing that Call of Duty has more fans than Halo does. Change will ALWAYS breed better production. Just look back at the NFL games before the contract between EA and the NFL. You could make a case for either game being outstanding. Then EA gets the rights, and everything that we loved about Madden and all of it's features were taken away and we were dished out a bare minimum Madden NFL '06 on a more powerful system. Now each year, they find ways to sneak in old features and label them "brand new".
Old 02-14-2011, 08:16 PM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 15
Re: EA/NFL Extend NFL Exclusive License by One Year to 2013

Quote:
You don't think that the NFL has done their homework on this deal? I guarantee you that they have done projections on the money they are likely to make with an exclusivity deal versus the money they'd make with multiple licenses. The NFL is a very well run business. They knew what they were doing when they offered up exclusivity.
Tell me that after they get this CBA out of the way.
Old 02-14-2011, 08:18 PM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 15

Quote:
Does competition really inspire change? Look at other gaming franchises. There are tons of options out there in the FPS genre, yet the top dog is Call of Duty, a series that has changed very little from year to year. There's a whole lot of speculation going on in this thread, but most of it is ill informed hyperbole.
Yea but Madden isn't exactly the COD of Football Sim. It's moving close to the Perfect Dark status
Old 02-14-2011, 08:24 PM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 3

I'm more mad at the NFL than EA at this point. I mean it is only one year, but because it is near the end of a generation that's a huge opportunity with the PS3 and the 360 going down the drain. We always suspected it would go like this, but now we have all the nails in the coffin.
Old 02-14-2011, 08:26 PM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMG_HART
I'm not so sure about Call of Duty being top dog. On PS3, I could understand, but on 360, I have a hard time believing that Call of Duty has more fans than Halo does. Change will ALWAYS breed better production. Just look back at the NFL games before the contract between EA and the NFL. You could make a case for either game being outstanding. Then EA gets the rights, and everything that we loved about Madden and all of it's features were taken away and we were dished out a bare minimum Madden NFL '06 on a more powerful system. Now each year, they find ways to sneak in old features and label them "brand new".
First off, Call of Duty Black Ops has sold roughly 11 million copies on the 360. (8.5 mil on the Ps3) Halo Reach has sold 8 million. That's not counting PC. COD is the FPS king. That's not even an argument.

Second, Madden 06's decline had less to do with an exclusivity contract and more to do with learning the ins and outs of programing on a new platform.

Madden's exclusivity has made it an easy target. It's easy to decry and dismiss the current version of Madden because there is nothing out there to compare it against. What were the huge improvements between 2k5 and AP2k8?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2011, 08:33 PM   #62
MVP

TrapStar215's Arena

OVR: 42

I think Imma go cry now! :-''''''''(
"Okay, here's the story. I come from the gutter. I know that. I got no education... but that's okay. I know the street, and I'm making all the right connections. With the right woman, there's no stopping me. I could go right to the top."

Old 02-14-2011, 08:34 PM   #63
Pro

huntt26's Arena

OVR: 11
The NFL executives obviously do not play the game. The only thing that represents what happens on the field is that the game has the players that kind of look like the real thing, and the logos. Can't even say stadiums or uniforms because they always mess a few up.

*puke*
Old 02-14-2011, 08:34 PM   #64
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21
I like it. I trust Ian and Co.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »