Home

Will This Finally Be The Year?

This is a discussion on Will This Finally Be The Year? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 12:33 AM   #1
Play With Integrity

HARTSTOPPER's Arena

OVR: 20
Will This Finally Be The Year?

For what seems like an eternity, EA has by and large left off a ton of features from the original Xbox and Playstation days. I'm 99% positive that their "Be a Superstar" mode has NOT been touched at all since the crossover to next gen. Are they ever going to add more to this game mode? It seems absolutely ludicrous that I can be a QB and get drafted by the Colts and start over Peyton Manning on Day 1. That's not realistic by any stretch of the imagination.

I am a HUGE partaker in the Online Franchise mode. I would LOVE for everything to work like it's supposed to on there. Salary caps, trade offers from the computer, being able to trade away current and future draft picks. Maybe even managing some stuff like concession stand prices. I'm not looking to re-locate a franchise or anything like that, just something more to immerse myself as the GM/Owner of the team I am playing with.

What about ESPN presentation? We saw NCAA 11 use ESPN integration and it was well received. All Madden gives you in terms of ESPN is ESPN radio. I'm not looking for 3 different broadcast teams, or anything like that. Heck, if you were to make the game ticker look like the ESPN ticker MILLIONS of people would be happy.

Will this be the year that Ian and Co. finally right the wrongs, and get us, the fans, some of the bigger things we've been wanting. Ian has been asking us to basically not jump the gun because he has big news to follow in the coming months regarding franchise and other things. What does this mean? What sort of REALISTIC things could Ian be hinting at? I am just trying to start a logical discussion without the whining and crying posts.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2011, 12:50 AM   #2
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Will This Finally Be The Year?

Guesses:
-Franchise will get much needed love
-SuperStar won't be touched

Know for a fact:
-There won't be any network presentation. You can see the new scoring bug in the halftime blog video and it isn't from any of the networks.
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.
Old 02-16-2011, 12:55 AM   #3
Pro

thbends's Arena

OVR: 9

Short answer - for most people NO.

I have been playing football video games since they first made one. Most of the time people have issues with them. There have been many solid offerings but even they got flak when they were released. Yea I loved 2k5... for the online leagues but the offline franchise was unplayable past one season.

I think I will enjoy Madden 12 just like I have Madden 10 + 11.

It's not like Madden is really broken or unplayable. Frontpage Football anyone? I bought that game for my PC I think in 98 and the thing literally was unfinished. Now that's something to complain about.

I think people get to critical of the games instead of enjoying them for what they are.

Old 02-16-2011, 01:02 AM   #4
Play With Integrity

HARTSTOPPER's Arena

I agree Bends. I guess to a certain extent, the reason I question everything is due to the fact that they went from xbox/playstation 2 to Xbox 360/PS3 and dropped all the features. I'm not a game dev or anything like that, but you would assume that going to a more powerful system should enable you to keep those sorts of things right? Another thing that bugs me is the fact that when they do bring back an old feature, they label it "new". I have enjoyed the past couple of Maddens, and I am sure that this one will have some great things about it to.

Dayman, if Superstar is not touched again this year, why not just scrap the whole thing? For those individuals who play Superstar a majority of the time, they could just keep playing '06 and wouldn't have to worry about spending $60 a year for the same exact thing. I mean, if they scrap it, it frees up more disc space to better suit the larger audience that are asking for better presentation.
Old 02-16-2011, 01:06 AM   #5
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40

I'd be fine with scrapping Superstar, but then again I don't play it. Never have. It's just not my thing.
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2011, 01:08 AM   #6
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31

I think it will be if you like franchise. Im staying positive.
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out
Old 02-16-2011, 01:21 AM   #7
Play With Integrity

HARTSTOPPER's Arena

Yea, I'd be for scrapping Superstar as well if it meant more disc space for the other game modes. There just isn't much to Superstar at all and like you've said, it's been the same way for going on 6 years now. There's no story line, no battles on the depth chart, just no flavor at all.
Old 02-16-2011, 01:29 AM   #8
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

Let's re-open this thread in 4 to 5 months, once we have some basis to answer the question. The things mentioned in the OP, re-type and post in the wishlist thread.

Otherwise, this is gonna be people that like Madden saying yes, people that don't saying no.

We have enough of that already. Closed.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »