Home

Changing teams to a 3-4 defense

This is a discussion on Changing teams to a 3-4 defense within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-17-2011, 07:07 PM   #25
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambizytl
But how about all the teams that really use a 3-4? Are they all using a 3-4?
Pretty sure all the default playbooks have teams using the proper schemes. The coaching philosophy screen will only affect simmed games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2011, 07:27 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Changing teams to a 3-4 defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palo20
Pretty sure all the default playbooks have teams using the proper schemes. The coaching philosophy screen will only affect simmed games.
So you are saying all teams that use a 3-4 in real football are using a 3-4 in Madden?
Old 02-17-2011, 07:43 PM   #27
MVP

Palo20's Arena

Quote:
So you are saying all teams that use a 3-4 in real football are using a 3-4 in Madden?
Yeah, pretty sure every team is correct.
Old 02-18-2011, 07:03 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Yeah, pretty sure every team is correct.
I don't know what's going on with the 3-4 in Madden. I just played against the Bills, and they were using a 3-4, and what kind of 3-4 formation puts both outside LBs on the outside even with the line? This was not a goal-line situation. The other weird one was the Bills putting all three LBs to one side. Now, aside from the obvious CPU knows I was running there because it knows what plays I pick, what 3-4 formation has all three LBs, must be a nickel, to just one side?
Old 02-18-2011, 07:25 PM   #29
MVP

Palo20's Arena

Quote:
I don't know what's going on with the 3-4 in Madden. I just played against the Bills, and they were using a 3-4, and what kind of 3-4 formation puts both outside LBs on the outside even with the line? This was not a goal-line situation. The other weird one was the Bills putting all three LBs to one side. Now, aside from the obvious CPU knows I was running there because it knows what plays I pick, what 3-4 formation has all three LBs, must be a nickel, to just one side?
The Bills run a 3-4.

Some play calls move the LBs around, often to match up in man to man coverage.

The CPU also will randomly shift the LBs around, usually there is no method to why or when they do this.
Old 02-19-2011, 01:39 PM   #30
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
It's simply a mistake that they're listed as 4-3. Every team will play with whatever their default playbook has, doesn't matter what's listed at the coach's scheme page.

Also, there is the glitch that changes every scheme when you change just 1. So now that you made the Bears 3-4, every team will be listed as 3-4 at the coaching scheme page. This will only affect simmed games, not games you play.
This is what I was trying to point out in the 1st page. If you go to coaching scheme and change one to team to 3-4 every team will be getting 3-4 stats when you sim the games but if you play that team and and there default playbook is 4-3 thats what you will be playing against.

They really messed that up this year. On 10 you was able to manually change every team to whatever they were using in coaching scheme. This messes up the sim stats. The back up MLB in 4-3 defenses will be up there in tackles becaue of this if you have the coaching scheme on 3-4 or if its on 4-3 the 2nd MLB in a 3-4 won't be getting too many tackles for the year. I switch all the teams every week from 4-3 to 3-4 to keep it balanced.
Old 02-19-2011, 01:50 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 1

The glitch only applies if you change teams using the RB button while in coaching schemes menu. If you want to change a teams defensive scheme, you just have to back out of the coaching scheme menu after changing and not change teams in the coaching scheme window. Basically, never change teams in the coaching scheme menu. Always back out and change teams at the main franchise menu screen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2011, 02:48 PM   #32
Pro

Figment's Arena

OVR: 11

Nevermind, it has been solved

Last edited by Figment; 02-20-2011 at 02:55 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »