Home

Just bought Madden 11 and heres what I think...

This is a discussion on Just bought Madden 11 and heres what I think... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 07:00 PM   #9
KLK
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Just bought Madden 11 and heres what I think...

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I'm assuming you are referring to online, here.

After patch 5, offline has been very good on defense, the flats are covered much better and I don't see a lot of mirroring of the WR routes.
I have all the online updates and I still get the super jumps from LB's at least (this is just an estimate as I have no documented data to support this) once every two games.

Now I didn't play the game much when it first came out (got it about week 2 or 3 of the NFL season), so perhaps it has improved since it originally was released.

Edit: Didn't realize what you quoted from me. The offense is overpowered still in my opinion (though it is much better than years past). From my experience: The best offensive players > than the best defensive players. I assume this is due to the fact that EA is targeting people who want to score a lot of points and not play games that end up 6-3.

Last edited by KLK; 02-17-2011 at 07:08 PM.
Old 02-17-2011, 07:08 PM   #10
Rookie

falconfansince81's Arena

OVR: 3

for the people who prefer the competition of online play/sim franchises we can't use sliders or nurse the game along with 'house rules'. maybe in m12 commissioners will have the options to set these, which would be great.

presentation for me didn't do it, 1 or 2 intros with the same concession stand scene from last year coupled with the abrasive commentary doesn't immerse me in an NFL atmosphere. they made an effort, its just not polished like 'that other company' was able to achieve in their last gen football game and current basketball game in my comparison.

i see a lot of fundamentals still missing, as well as tons of placebo ratings...but i will say the graphics are very well done. however, for the guys deep into on-field interactions, offline franchise like we used to have, or online franchises we're hoping for drastic improvements next season. really hope some of these podcasts EA's dev team is doing (great community effort there) get recognized and prioritized to improve the game for all of us. until then, i'm still not feeling an NFL simulation experience IMO.
Old 02-17-2011, 07:53 PM   #11
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLK
I have all the online updates and I still get the super jumps from LB's at least (this is just an estimate as I have no documented data to support this) once every two games.

Now I didn't play the game much when it first came out (got it about week 2 or 3 of the NFL season), so perhaps it has improved since it originally was released.

Edit: Didn't realize what you quoted from me. The offense is overpowered still in my opinion (though it is much better than years past). From my experience: The best offensive players > than the best defensive players. I assume this is due to the fact that EA is targeting people who want to score a lot of points and not play games that end up 6-3.
After the last patch, with good sliders, I have many defensive battles and games. It's much better than when the game first came out. It was an offensive slug fest for me at first.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2011, 08:03 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLK
Well that has nothing to do with EA or Madden in particular, it's the same with FIFA and Pro Evo for example, that's just how sports games work, offense will always be better than defense in the end, because programmers will always err on the side of offense.
Old 02-17-2011, 08:17 PM   #13
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

Use the impressions thread for impressions. Closed.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »