Home

what's this comeback AI? i hear people talkin bout.............

This is a discussion on what's this comeback AI? i hear people talkin bout............. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2003, 06:22 PM   #25
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40
Re: what\'s this comeback AI? i hear people talkin bout.............

Quote:

gopadres said:
Comeback AI is real in Madden. You guys denying that it exists are simply naive.

Learn to play!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2003, 06:36 PM   #26
H*p H*p 4 H*rs*m*n

BigTigLSU's Arena

OVR: 34

Comeback AI is a part of real life. Teams make comebacks to win games thus the WORD "comeback". DO you feel that its cheating if you score unanswered points and comeback to beat the CPU. When a team gets on a roll teams make big come backs.

How many blowouts do you see in the NFL not many. Is it cheating that you shutdown the CPU for 3 quarters and have 24 unanswered points. It seems that players are sore losers. Not saying learn how to play cause some times things don't go your way and it is not your fault. But how do you think teams feel in real life when they give up a big leada cause of things thats not your fault or a blown call. Dolphins missed the playofss by giving up a 11 point lead with less than 4 minutes left. Was it comeback logic.

Basically with the even talent level in the NFL it is hard to blow teams out and if you are having the CPU comeback its time to win a close game. Or lose one cause you can't win them all many teams have losing records but only lose by less than 7. I like the fact that no lead is safe because thats reality ask the Oilers team who lost to Bills. Sometimes we have to be honest I lose close games sometimes cause I am playing not to lose instead of plaing to win.

So for all you guys scared of the big bad comeback remember fumbles, INTs, dropped passes, bad calls during crucial drives are all apart of the NFL enjoy the challenge and MAn Up!!!
Old 08-18-2003, 10:28 PM   #27
Pro

sjj2xs's Arena

OVR: 8

everyone thanks for their views on this topic, i really appreciate what everyone had to say...........thanks

sjj2xs
Old 08-18-2003, 11:15 PM   #28
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26

Haven't really noticed it to much. Most of the time when I have a big lead, they end up making it close, but I back off into soft coverage to stop the big play. Games get closer, but are still never really in doubt. HAven't seen any unrealistic turnovers that people talk about.
Old 08-19-2003, 12:43 AM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 3

Yeah, it's pissin me off. I mean I go up ten-nil in the first quarter then they score 40sum unanswered points . I'm gonna break something soon.
Old 08-19-2003, 10:08 AM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 1

All I know is that in the last couple of games I have played where I have a significant lead in the 4th quarter is that I fumble the ball on kickoff. I have never had a fumble on a kickoff in any quarter other than the 4th.

I just returned to Madden after a playing 2k3 last year, so I'm a little rusty. But still, the comeback AI exists, and driving me back to the 2k series(now espn).
Old 08-19-2003, 11:01 AM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 2

I'll freely admit that this post is taken from someone over at Maddenmania, but it went pretty much like this:

I had a really bad comeback code game against San Francisco playing as the Giants. I had a huge 20 point lead going into the 4th quarter and all of a sudden Jeff Garcia started heaving the ball to Owens and Streets. Before I knew it, San Fran had the lead. I finally was able to sustain a drive and had a chance for a field goal to tie the game. Of course, my holder muffed the snap and so I decided to roll out and throw for a first down. I threw the ball downfield and my guy was mugged by a Dlineman of all people trying to catch the ball. There was a flag on the play so I thought I would at least get a chance to kick again because of the pass interference. Nope, the call was ineligible man downfield. So I lose the game. Stupid comeback code.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2003, 11:12 AM   #32
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Yeah, comebacks are realistic like the Giants/SF last year. And how about the Bills/Oilers in 92. And how about the immaculate reception in Pittsburgh. See I just gave you 3 quick examples and I only needed to go back 27 years to come up with them.

Comeback AI exists, the key is to learn how to deal with it. Let the CPU score ASAP leaving you time to throw a bunch of post patterns into triple coverage. Then stall and punch the ball in with 2 seconds left. Or let the CPU jump way out in front early on, and then you can cash in on the comeback AI.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »