Home

Madden or NCAA?

This is a discussion on Madden or NCAA? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 08:57 AM   #1
Rookie

murdamann10's Arena

OVR: 6
Madden or NCAA?

I tried looking around the forums (haven't been here in a while) for a thread about madden vs ncaa football 11. I'm finally planning on upgrading to a xbox 360, since it's tax refund season and the consoles are finally affordable for me. I'm torn between Madden and NCAA, keep in mind I've NEVER played either one on 360 before. I'm just looking for honest opinions and observations of the games, I'm a huge fan of ncaa dynasty mode, and I'm curious about the franchise mode on madden.

I apoligize in advance if this is considered "unnecessary" but I couldn't find the related thread.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2011, 09:29 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Madden or NCAA?

"off the field", I think NCAA is way ahead. Dynasty offers so much more than the still minimalistic Franchise of M11 (I really hope M12 changes that...), you got so many more teams to choose from, and so many more offensive philosophies and playbooks that really feel different.

Madden, on the other hand, at least in my personal opinion, feels better "on the field", while NCAA graphics are better, the gameplay itself is just more entertaining with Madden, it's hard to describe.

I really hope they manage for the 12 editions to somehow create a "best of both worlds" game...
Old 02-21-2011, 09:38 AM   #3
Rookie

murdamann10's Arena

Thanks for the feedback. I'm leaning Madden right now since NCAA comes out late in the summer, I think I can wait to play. I was definitely looking for the gameplay input, I heard that NCAA put in the new "Smart blocking" and I heard mixed reviews, but Madden's gameplay has been for the majority ok'd with by gamers I heard from.
Old 02-21-2011, 09:46 AM   #4
Rookie

mtownballa12's Arena

OVR: 2

I own both and play both regularly but if i had to choose between them I would pick NCAA. It looks better, there is more stuff to do and the game itself just seems more fast-paced. TeamBuilder is the most fun I've had with a football game in a long time. The one thing I like in Madden over NCAA, however, is the Ultimate Team feature. Other than that, it's a landslide for NCAA.
NHL: Boston Bruins
MLB Boston Red Sox
Old 02-21-2011, 11:01 AM   #5
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdamann10
I tried looking around the forums (haven't been here in a while) for a thread about madden vs ncaa football 11. I'm finally planning on upgrading to a xbox 360, since it's tax refund season and the consoles are finally affordable for me. I'm torn between Madden and NCAA, keep in mind I've NEVER played either one on 360 before. I'm just looking for honest opinions and observations of the games, I'm a huge fan of ncaa dynasty mode, and I'm curious about the franchise mode on madden.

I apoligize in advance if this is considered "unnecessary" but I couldn't find the related thread.
I play and enjoy both, but if I had to only have one I go with NCAA. NCAA is more polished than Madden. Nothing huge but it is more polished. I'am speaking A.I wise and gameplay.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2011, 11:17 AM   #6
MVP

NCAA has more options meaning they have a mode called teambuilder which you can create your own teams or download them from EA's site. Plus the gameplay is really good this year.

If you go with madden I'd suggest going with Madden 10 over 11. You can get 10 for a whole lot cheaper ($15 at gamestop) plus if you get a used copy, you can return it within 7 days. So it's almost like a free trial for you to see if you do like how madden plays.
Old 02-21-2011, 11:37 AM   #7
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Here's thread from a few weeks ago that sheds light on the same question:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-11-a.html
Old 02-21-2011, 12:02 PM   #8
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

I'm closing this, there's already a thread.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »