Home

Running backs splitting time

This is a discussion on Running backs splitting time within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-25-2011, 11:14 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Running backs splitting time

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperhare
Something that also needs to be fixed is the FB running even if you turn the slider to 0 and blocking.

I like Greg Jones but I want him blocking not running 60+ times a season.
Haha! I agree.. Those carries could be going to the 2nd RB..
Old 02-25-2011, 09:10 PM   #10
Rookie

over9000yards's Arena

OVR: 9

Speeking of FB carries, I've played Madden franchise some, haven't gotten through a whole season yet; and let me tell you, it likes to sim the craziest things.

You can go over to the rushing category on the league leaderboard, toggle to sort by longest runs, and you will see FBs, even QBs, with 60-90 yard TD runs. You also see RBs that you wouldn't expect to have long TD runs, like power backs.

This was on All-Pro, so IDK if sim likes to act crazy on All-Madden; but I'm leaning towards yes, because I've seen it sim crazy stuff on Play Now, once had a 78 yd TD run by ALEX SMITH. Exactly.

Last edited by over9000yards; 02-25-2011 at 10:36 PM.
Old 02-25-2011, 10:30 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
No if you manually put him in that package he will be there every game until you take him out and plug someone else in.. I have Bradshaw in Jacobs in different formation. I have Jacobs in all my power formations and Bradshaw in my single back and other formation where hes getting to the outside..
this. I use Jahvid Best and Calvin Copeland (comp generated draftee) and get great performance with them just being in thier assigned packages, which I set once and dont have to do every game or whatever. sent both backs to the pro bowl a couple of years
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2011, 10:43 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by maademperor
this. I use Jahvid Best and Calvin Copeland (comp generated draftee) and get great performance with them just being in thier assigned packages, which I set once and dont have to do every game or whatever. sent both backs to the pro bowl a couple of years

Yea I just did that in my last franchise.. With Jacobs and Bradshaw..
Old 02-26-2011, 03:25 AM   #13
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

When I use the NE Patriots, I make Woodhead my starter and substitute "The Law Firm" [Benjarvis Green-Ellis] in for my "grind it out" plays.

When I use the 49ers, I start Gore, but sub Westbrook in on "passing" plays/formations. ghore is a solid receiving back, but Westbrook made his career this way. Also, like real life, i tend to take gore out when I'm inside the red zone. At least until last year, gore had a problem of fumbling inside the 20. As a result, Michael Robinson carried the load along with rookie Glenn Coffe [] now I use Anthony Dixon for Red Zone or Inside the 5 situations.

In the end it's up to you, the user, to do this yourself.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »