Home

New EA generated draft class in Madden 11?

This is a discussion on New EA generated draft class in Madden 11? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-15-2010, 02:23 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 2
New EA generated draft class in Madden 11?

Anybody know if they are going to change or add to the 30 EA created draft classes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donny_Moore
Expect to see 30 brand new draft classes in Madden NFL 11. All new guys, no holdovers from Madden 10.

If anyone has suggestions for cool rookie names, post away!
I think it would be kinda cool if they shuffled the players so the same players weren't always in the same draft together. Also, I don't think a random name generator would be a great idea because then it would be impossible to discuss players with people.

Here are some cool name ideas:

Eddie Durant QB

Vernon Hastings WR

Adam Frost TE

Wesley Jackson WR

Sam Stone SS

Clint Crushing MLB

Zack Diamond QB

Jackie Bryant HB

Last edited by arz9278; 05-18-2010 at 05:26 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2010, 03:33 AM   #2
All Star

rangerrick012's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: New EA generated draft class in Madden 11?

Hopefully they go back to the totally random classes of PS2 day, pre-generated classes are kinda cheesy IMHO. Hell a lot about the draft is broken, they need to fix it before coming up w/ new lame names for generated guys.

PSN: dsavbeast
Old 05-15-2010, 03:51 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerrick012
Hopefully they go back to the totally random classes of PS2 day, pre-generated classes are kinda cheesy IMHO. Hell a lot about the draft is broken, they need to fix it before coming up w/ new lame names for generated guys.
agreed, every other sports title has that in their franchise modes and their dynasty/franchise modes are currently 10x better than madden has ever been

a case of EA trying to sweep up water and mop up dirt

it was an ok idea and if what the franchise guy said was true(about fixing franchise before being able to add on it) then it was probably the best time to add it and see what the feedback/fan opinion was but its really not necessary
Old 05-15-2010, 03:53 AM   #4
All Star

OVR: 33

It will probably be the same lol.

I bet EA didn't think this through last year.
Old 05-15-2010, 03:59 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
It will probably be the same lol.

I bet EA didn't think this through last year.
Yeah, I can't see them making another 30 new draft classes this year. Either random or the same classes as in 2010. Knowing all the gems and busts even before you start franchise mode in 11 would make franchise mode boring even before I started it :/
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2010, 04:09 AM   #6
All Star

OVR: 33

I hope that at least build on it. Perhaps add another 10-15. Or at least randomized names. Were there random non-pregenerated draft classes in m10?
Old 05-15-2010, 06:58 AM   #7
Pro

J Masta J's Arena

OVR: 9

I think eventually they HAVE to move to a completely random process. No reason they can't create a formula that allows this.

In the meantime, what they should do is simply put all of the 30 classes they have together into one big heap and then individual classes are randomly determined, with some level of balance. Also, maybe give the rookies random names.

Old 05-15-2010, 07:07 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

They need to fix progression for online franchise. It's F'ed. If certain guys play more than 517 downs in the season I think then there is a reset and they will regress rather than progress. It's pretty lame. Pretty stupid to me how a guy in his 2nd season gets 12 sacks and progresses up to an 80 ovr. Comes back the next season with 11 sacks and 1 INT and more tackles for loss and regresses because he played more than 517 downs.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »