Home

Co-Op Mode: Tryouts?

This is a discussion on Co-Op Mode: Tryouts? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-27-2011, 04:17 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 8
Co-Op Mode: Tryouts?

Would you make a team?

Reason being... Someone asked a co-op question the other day and I responded that too many players without the necessary skills were soiling my experience. I HATE LOSING.

I was reviewing tape of one of the few OTP games and grading my play to see if I would have made a team... In this particular scrimmage, I was the RB/Any for the Cowboys vs the Redskins. I made some good plays, but missed on what may have been the biggest play of the game. Afterwards, I questioned my abilities...

1st half - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_vycUWYLv8

2nd half - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LLNU8-e7CQ

So watching these vids... Am I the type of player you would want on your team?

Later
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2011, 10:38 AM   #2
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Co-Op Mode: Tryouts?

Your Line Backer play is a lot better than your Safety play.

Your run coverage is a lot better than your zone coverage.

It was hard to judge your HB skills with that terribad QB on your team. I wasn't a big fan of many of the route changes you were making at HB, but your QB had a lot to do with that, so I don't blame you.
Old 02-28-2011, 01:54 PM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
Your Line Backer play is a lot better than your Safety play.

Your run coverage is a lot better than your zone coverage.
I'm better at the safety spot from the regular Madden camera. Something about the defensive backfield view makes it tougher to judge where to play the ball. Runs are easier to play from the defensive cam... For me anyway.

Quote:
It was hard to judge your HB skills with that terribad QB on your team. I wasn't a big fan of many of the route changes you were making at HB, but your QB had a lot to do with that, so I don't blame you.
Glad I'm not the only one that thinks so. Although that doesn't make me feel any better after that 3rd down pass at the end. Still makes me feel sick inside.

Good eyes though... Thanks for the coaching. I'll tighten up my zone and safety skills.

Later
Old 03-01-2011, 04:05 AM   #4
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

I understand. I easily believe you are better from the normal cam. I know what it's like.

I would like to see more videos.

I just suggest playing a bit more conservative in your zones until you have to commit. At least for me, that is how I play zone. I try to bait QBs into throwing into my zone by covering loose enough until they wind up. I am sure if there were a solid pump fake feature, I would bite from time to time, but there isn't.
Old 03-01-2011, 02:14 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:
I understand. I easily believe you are better from the normal cam. I know what it's like.

I would like to see more videos.

I just suggest playing a bit more conservative in your zones until you have to commit. At least for me, that is how I play zone. I try to bait QBs into throwing into my zone by covering loose enough until they wind up. I am sure if there were a solid pump fake feature, I would bite from time to time, but there isn't.
Haven't played Co-op since mid-September, but I would if I knew more people that played (preferably well).

Any pointers on where to find some decent team mates?

Later
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2011, 02:21 PM   #6
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

No idea. I play on the 360. It looks like you play on the PS3. When I did play, I was playing with XBL friends. Also, in the beginning, I added people who showed that they knew what they were doing. The game mode is really about having 3-5 friends who want to play against each other. Randoms just don't cut it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »