Home

Madden 12 Load Screens

This is a discussion on Madden 12 Load Screens within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-01-2011, 04:09 PM   #17
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Madden 12 Load Screens

Quote:
Originally Posted by guaps
Yet you had to comment

There are many things that Tiburon needs to address with their games, but not having a "boot to main menu" option is just laziness in my opinion. It's like having a computer that shows the Welcome video every time you boot it up.

I'm a fan when companies/people making things more efficient and streamlined, but Tiburon has never gotten that nod from me. The Madden 11 loading 'experience' even had "press the button" to get to the next "press the button" moments and their menu design doesn't get any stars in my book.
Heh, I would hope this is towards the end of your priority list of things that you want fixed.

If that is the case, other sports games that I currently own don't get any stars your book, either.
Old 03-01-2011, 04:16 PM   #18
MVP

ComfortablyLomb's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palo20
For franchise games I want more stats and game preview type stuff
This. I want to be bombarded with franchise stats rather than seeing player art or some sort of animation of fans getting to their seats.
Old 03-01-2011, 04:19 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
You can't be serious.

Technicalities aside, simple common sense should tell you that Jackson's backwards fall into the ez was as clear an example of unsportsmanlike conduct as you will ever see. There is absolutely no chance that the NFL would allow an act like that to be glorified in an officially licensed game.

Besides, who wants to be forced to look at some runt of an Eagle every time the game loads?
Uhhh...he was still in the field of play, so the penalty shouldn't have been called in the first place. Also, I think that Marshawn lynch's celebration, that wasn't penalized, where he dove after crossing the goal line ( he should have been flagged) and grabbed his crotch was a little more "unsportsmanlike."

If you hate that one so much, I have the photo as my background ( on my CPU screen) of Jackson's game winning punt return, against the Giants, where he has hand raised holding the football, and in the shot is Coughlin slamming his clip board on the ground.

Honestly, that might be better.
Old 03-01-2011, 04:44 PM   #20
Rookie

Keenan G.'s Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoTiCe_O
Key Matchups

With commentary and photos of the key players going at it in the game, sort of like NBA 2k11 ..

Could add stats and team record, weather. stadium, team logos etc.

.. or just try to emulate how and NFL game comes on after a commercial
What he said. I want what I see on tv. NBA2k11 does it right
Old 03-01-2011, 04:44 PM   #21
Observer

guaps's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Heh, I would hope this is towards the end of your priority list of things that you want fixed.

If that is the case, other sports games that I currently own don't get any stars your book, either.
Yes, it is towards the end of my list, but it still annoys me every year

And true, not a lot of games get stars in my book in terms of design (not gameplay design, but menus/loading screens etc.). Heh, I even have a problem with the slow 360 dashboard, and it's poor layout
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2011, 04:46 PM   #22
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquorLogic
Uhhh...he was still in the field of play, so the penalty shouldn't have been called in the first place.
That's what I meant by technicalities aside. D-Jax's actions may not have met the strict rulebook definition of an excessive celebration, but there is absolutely no question that it fell under the larger umbrella of unsportsmanlike conduct.

Jackson was taunting the Cowboy DB's. Taunting is against the rules.
End of story.

Quote:
Also, I think that Marshawn lynch's celebration, that wasn't penalized, where he dove after crossing the goal line ( he should have been flagged) and grabbed his crotch was a little more "unsportsmanlike."
That fact that an official failed to throw a flag on another occasion when it would have been warranted in no way justifies Jacksons act.

Quote:
If you hate that one so much, I have the photo as my background ( on my CPU screen) of Jackson's game winning punt return, against the Giants, where he has hand raised holding the football, and in the shot is Coughlin slamming his clip board on the ground.

Honestly, that might be better.
I think you may have misapprehended my attitude towards the Eagles. To clarify: I was born and raised in Dallas before moving to Houston as a teen. I am a lifelong Cowboy fan, and hate all things Philly "like a preacher hates sin".
Old 03-01-2011, 06:08 PM   #23
Banned

bulls23's Arena

OVR: 20

I want to see DYNAMIC information relevant to the game I will be playing. Especially if its in Franchise Mode. Standings, stats, scores, lineups. For exhibition games, you could pull last years stats or even implement a "NFL Extra Point" or "NFL Today" feature where it pulls stats from an ongoing real life season (if there were to be one )
Old 03-02-2011, 12:35 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComfortablyLomb
This. I want to be bombarded with franchise stats rather than seeing player art or some sort of animation of fans getting to their seats.

I would take this..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »