Home

Anybody Else turn injuries off....

This is a discussion on Anybody Else turn injuries off.... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2003, 01:45 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Anybody Else turn injuries off....

I bet the Falcons wish they'd switched off injuries this year for the preseason.

Quote:

SoMiss2000 said:
For the Preseason? I just did in a franchise I just started. I don't mind players getting hurt in preseason because it happens. The problem I had with it is too many Star Players have season-ending injuries. In video gaming, I want the best players playing so that will make the league just that more competitive. I don't care about injuries in the regular season. After the first franchise I started saw Fred Taylor, McNabb, and Ricky Williams go out with season ending injuries in pre-season, I decided enough was enough. Later!

Old 08-19-2003, 01:48 PM   #10
The Broski

MMan's Arena

OVR: 12

I turned them off for pre-season also, I love having them on during the regular season. I wish there were a little bit more during my gameplay though. Just the little nagging injuries that happen every game. Hopefully next year they will have more realistic injuries..they over did it with some wierd injuries this year man... to many of the same wierd ones
Old 08-19-2003, 01:49 PM   #11
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:

SoMiss2000 said:
For the Preseason? I just did in a franchise I just started. I don't mind players getting hurt in preseason because it happens. The problem I had with it is too many Star Players have season-ending injuries. In video gaming, I want the best players playing so that will make the league just that more competitive. I don't care about injuries in the regular season. After the first franchise I started saw Fred Taylor, McNabb, and Ricky Williams go out with season ending injuries in pre-season, I decided enough was enough. Later!

SoMiss you been eating ****** sandwiches again?? Football with no injuries is like Peanutbutter with no Jelly.

Damn Cowboy fans, isn't there one out there that isn't a complete moron when it comes to football?

P.S.
This entire post was made just to give my man SoMiss a hard time, so no one take it personal.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2003, 01:59 PM   #12
Rookie

mudd's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:

Graphik said:
Naw, I love injuries. I wish they'd happen more often in user controlled games.

ditto
Old 08-19-2003, 02:24 PM   #13
MVP

Kevin926's Arena

OVR: 7

In my pre-season I had two injuries to good players on my team. Tony Brackens was injured for one game and Brunell for 8 weeks! It's all part of the game though.
Old 08-19-2003, 02:37 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:

bkrich83 said:
Quote:

SoMiss2000 said:

SoMiss you been eating ****** sandwiches again?? Football with no injuries is like Peanutbutter with no Jelly.

Damn Cowboy fans, isn't there one out there that isn't a complete moron when it comes to football?

P.S.
This entire post was made just to give my man SoMiss a hard time, so no one take it personal.

dork.

Injuries are on for the regular season. Just not pre-season. Actually I turned them off for the first 3 pre-season games and on for the last one. It definitely helped, a lot of injuries but no season enders for no teams.
Old 08-19-2003, 02:41 PM   #15
Bow for Bau

Vince's Arena

OVR: 28

I agree...I don't like them in pre season..during the Reg.Season i don't mind at all.Not too mention they are more frequent during the pre-season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2003, 03:27 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 9

In last year's game it seemed like I would always get a CAREER ENDING injury or two in the preseason. So yeah, I turn it off in the preseason as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »