Home

Robbed by CPU in Franchise!!!

This is a discussion on Robbed by CPU in Franchise!!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-07-2011, 09:31 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 16
U can tell potential from the scouting screen during the season, just look for the guys with the full bar
Old 03-07-2011, 09:36 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Robbed by CPU in Franchise!!!

No, but how can you end up with C potential players out of the Top 10 if you do scout? C potential players never have a great "potential" bar (I personally try to never draft any player whose potential bar isn't green and I've never gotten anything worse than B potential that way) and their stats shouldn't be good enough to ever warrant a Top 10 pick.

Also, realize that for most players, you don't need to scout them for 6 weeks. For example, for OLine, you never need more than 2 weeks, either you get the Run/Pass Block ratings first (which is all you should care about), or you don't, then waiting for the rest won't help anyway. If you don't get their Run/Pass Block in the first 2 weeks, just look their talent hex up in the draft and compare them to players whose ratings you know.

You can look up the Speed rating of a player just by looking at his 40 time, that saves me a lot of time with prospects, if a CBs 40 is 4.50, I don't need him, it's as simple as that. Also, you need to know which ratings matter for which position. If I scout a LB or DE and the first thing I read "his tackle rating is below 59", I don't need him, it doesn't matter what his other ratings are.

For some other positions, like CB especially, scouting doesn't really matter, because the rating you really want to know about (Man/Zone Cover, Press) you can't scout. So all I do there is pick out the guys who are fast enough, scout them to know their potential and then look up their talent hex in the draft.

In general, you almost never need to take anyone in the first round, for most positions, you can easily find A potential guys with great stats in rounds 3-5, they're even easier to make out there because a great talent hex sticks out in between all those mediocre guys and there's less "bust" players with good stats but low potential hidden in there than in the 1st.
Old 03-07-2011, 05:40 PM   #11
Rangers Lead The Way!!!!

ABR173rd's Arena

OVR: 20

When you say talent bar you are referring to in draft, or the potential bar during scouting? During the draft it has players ranked by what round they should go in like top ten or 1st round or 1-2nd round I usually go to position needs and then if there is two CB's for instance I look at what Ive scouted in terms of ratings. If I haven't scouted then I go to their talent web. But the two CB's I drafted both had top ten next to them and they were both busts.
I have also never seen a green bar I'm playing on PS3.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2011, 06:20 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirborneRanger1
When you say talent bar you are referring to in draft, or the potential bar during scouting? During the draft it has players ranked by what round they should go in like top ten or 1st round or 1-2nd round I usually go to position needs and then if there is two CB's for instance I look at what Ive scouted in terms of ratings. If I haven't scouted then I go to their talent web. But the two CB's I drafted both had top ten next to them and they were both busts.
I have also never seen a green bar I'm playing on PS3.
Potential bar during scouting
Old 03-07-2011, 07:48 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirborneRanger1
When you say talent bar you are referring to in draft, or the potential bar during scouting?
The bar during scouting of course, the one that says "High" and is green on high potential players. Note that the bar is not correct until you actually scout him, after the first week of scouting, look at the talent bar again and look if it has moved up or down. After scouting a player for one week, you know the correct potential level. If a player there has a green bar, he's always at least a B, mostly A potential. If the bar is completely full, it's always A potential.

The draft grad has NOTHING to do with player potential or ratings. A player is NOT better just because he is rated in the first round. Actually, there's always a couple of intentional busts hidden in the first round, players with decent ratings that are only C potential. NEVER pick players because of the round they're set to go in, always look for the ones you scouted. The scouting and the skill hex combined never lie, if you got a player scouted with high potential and his skill hex looks great but he's a 5th round pick, then don't take anyone else, trade down if you want, take him in the 5th round, often enough the best players at a position are 3rd to 5th round picks.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:39 AM   #14
Rangers Lead The Way!!!!

ABR173rd's Arena

OVR: 20

I just looked over the draft guide and compared it to my current draft class. I was always under the impression that the round they are projected to go in was directly linked to their potential bar which I now know is not the case. Thanks for the info.
Old 03-08-2011, 04:01 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 7

I've started a new franchise and am using a simple couple of rules regarding scouting.

1. Go through each position and find where the draft potential runs deep. Compare with your team's weaknesses (too many to count in Seattle) and select the ones you want to scout.

2. DON'T change the ones you scout. Once you've picked your 18 or so, that's it.

3. In the draft pick from only the ones you've scouted, until you don't have any left. Then you can pick who you like/ whatever's left.

I've found this gives me the chance to use the scouting function, which is a bit of a cheat. But it doesn't let me take too much advantage of it.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »