Home

Isn't it time the audio in Madden matched other sports games?

This is a discussion on Isn't it time the audio in Madden matched other sports games? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-13-2011, 03:31 PM   #49
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61
Re: Isn't it time the audio in Madden matched other sports games?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT713
No offense, but who plays games for the announcers? I'm gonna guess disappointed fans.

Fact is, people play Madden ALOT. There's no way to pack 300 distinctly unique audio experiences into any game. Much less Madden. I'm sure if you watch enough football, you're going to hear the same phrases repeated over and over...

That doesn't mean the audio in Madden can't be better... But it is to say that we should be realistic about how good it can be. Each game taken individually, sounds as good as most live broadcasts. But after 200+ games, it all sounds the same.

I'm sure it'd be the same with NBA2K too... Play it enough and it all sounds the same.

Later
Good points but he said "audio"...... not just commentary.

The overall (realistic) sound of the game doesn't get old, regardless of how many times I play it.
Old 03-13-2011, 06:28 PM   #50
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by statum71
Good points but he said "audio"...... not just commentary.

The overall (realistic) sound of the game doesn't get old, regardless of how many times I play it.
Problem is that the audio is set up for Play Now with a couple of easter eggs to mark significant dates in the season.

Those who think the commentary is fine should really play MLB 11 The Show. The game is able to track 2 days back I believe. The game recognizes important date within the calender year, as well as career milestones, before and after they happen. The game recognizes season statistics, as to whether a player is doing good or is struggling.

Quite frankly Madden and NCAA for that matter are outdated in many aspects of their game including commentary. If it were not for exclusivity(word?) these games would be gone, or in the 2 for $20 bin at Wal-Mart.
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.
Old 03-13-2011, 06:28 PM   #51
MVP

scitychamps87's Arena

OVR: 3

As I always say, its not the commentators but the commentary.
--5 Time Stanley Cup Champions--
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2011, 06:29 PM   #52
MVP

scitychamps87's Arena

OVR: 3

Madden fans get angrier and angrier each year. Time to fix it EA. Ask for help! They hired guys from 2k last year, right?
--5 Time Stanley Cup Champions--
Old 03-14-2011, 12:04 PM   #53
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Lightbulb Re: Isn't it time the audio in Madden matched other sports games?

Almost every game has commentary is both good for Commentary and Season mode. They keep you up-to-date with your current season and wont feel the same. Sure after a while it gets repetitive. Any game you play alot will get repetitive. It would take a lot of money and space to always stay fresh, Unless you work with Sony and the space it has.
Madden and NCAA commentary is best for Play Now only. Besides milestones for Madden and Post Game for NCAA, the commentary the same the you will hear for Play Now. Every game feels the same. I played with the Rams and every game Colinsworth said the same line about Steven Jackson. Even though it hard to get commentators in the booth together because of obligations, it was obvious that they were rarly in the booth together. Colinsworth was saying Tom alot and barely has any commentary for Gus.

Last edited by illwill10; 03-14-2011 at 12:20 PM.
Old 03-14-2011, 02:04 PM   #54
MVP

OVR: 15

Simple answer to this question is YES!

Madden's audio has fallen so far behind other games it is borderline pathetic. I seriously think the PS2 Madden's had better audio.

Didn't they get a new sound guy last year?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »