Home

Blocking, tackling and running animations

This is a discussion on Blocking, tackling and running animations within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-10-2011, 04:58 PM   #9
MVP

Madwolf's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Blocking, tackling and running animations

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
Run blocking was addressed in Madden 11. Madden 10 introduced pro-tak and a brand new running animation.

Improvements to all 3 of these issues were major selling points for the past two games.
Go play NCAA Football 11 and tell me they addressed Run Blocking in Madden NFL 11. It was one of the most broken parts of the game.
Old 03-10-2011, 05:17 PM   #10

OVR: 34

I'm to the point to where I feel the engine can't do it. I say that because how huge would it be to be able to truly highlight a solid tackling feature in your game, something that has never been done before in an NFL game? Wouldn't that be something that really grabs the eye?

So then I ask, where is it? Either they don't want it in the game or the current engine simply can't do it.
Old 03-10-2011, 06:52 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
Run blocking was addressed in Madden 11. Madden 10 introduced pro-tak and a brand new running animation.

Improvements to all 3 of these issues were major selling points for the past two games.
I was just going to say this. So that probably means blocking, tackling, and running won't be worked on for a while.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2011, 10:37 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerwr38
I was just going to say this. So that probably means blocking, tackling, and running won't be worked on for a while.
This kind of mindset is really bad.

It would be like a poor free throw shooter saying "i shot 100 FTs today, so i dont need to work on it anymore!"
Old 03-11-2011, 09:18 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 7

I would love a new blocking scheme in the game. Like you can assign a offensive lineman to a specific defender. This will help when you pick up the blitz early so you can adjust the line for it.
Old 03-11-2011, 06:13 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 3

I would like to see double team blocking! The whole concept of 3-4 defense goes out the window without it! Guys like jenkins from the Jets and Wilfork from the Pats demand double team blocking on a constant basis in real life thus disrupting an opposing teams blocking schemes and approach. In madden this just isn't possible and pretty much renders most 3-4 defenses useless!
Old 03-11-2011, 07:20 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 8

I hope they work on the double team blocking.like the post of above me said some teams live off the 3-4 defense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2011, 11:49 AM   #16
Banned

steelersfan77's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEANFIDDLER
I would like to see double team blocking! The whole concept of 3-4 defense goes out the window without it! Guys like jenkins from the Jets and Wilfork from the Pats demand double team blocking on a constant basis in real life thus disrupting an opposing teams blocking schemes and approach. In madden this just isn't possible and pretty much renders most 3-4 defenses useless!
This has always boggled my mind about this video game and not a single developer implementing this by now. Over 50% of the league runs a 3-4 "D". Implement the basic concepts of how an offensive line should engage a 3-4 defense. NOW!!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »